Hey guys, Ive been using my n900 for quite a bit now. The 4 desktops with the interlinked background is really awesome.
Recently, the creators of LIVE WALLPAPERS have come up with something SPECTACULAR! Video backgrounds. Basically you can put up a VIDEO (looping video to make it look epic) of your choice as your background.
Ive weighed my options, and I felt that this was WAY cooler than having 4 interlinked desktop backgrounds.

So heres the request:
a CONSTANT background (for me it will most definitely be the live VIDEO wallpaper) while I switch between desktops. i.e the widgets move when I swipe to switch the desktop. but the BACKGROUND image does not change and stays the same.

This idea is implemented QUITE well on the android OS.
This would work perfectly for the live wallpapers.

For people who LOVE ONE desktop background, but are too used to having the freedom of using 4 desktops for widgets etc.

Im hoping Someone has the answer to this.
Mangal

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Suggested this once a long time ago, it would require major changes to hildon-desktop, nothing that can't be done though, and hildon-desktop is open source.

I really dont know the programming bit of it, but i do notice that the backgrounds move a lot slower than the widgets. Im guessing they are separately programmed?
I really dont know, but it would be really awesome if it could be done.
Its almost like an interactive live wallpaper like in the android systems!
btw, android live wallpapers look so good on the n900..
im just WAITING for a stable release!

*bump*
any ideas guys?

this is a bump .sorry :P..
any ideas?