Active Topics

Notices

Hello guys

I have been using titans kernel for a long time and was wondering if anyone had the same isuess as me.

When i use titans kernel and tether i get about a tenth of my carriers provided speed. this is only while using wired tethering and also when using mobile hotspot wireless tethering. internally when browsing ON the phone on titans kernel the speed is correct and tested fast.

i have wiped both fiasco and emmc to test this multiple times and when on the original kernel and wired thetering i get the phones proper bandwidth (cant test wireless because it wont work on stock kernel oviously. issue with netfilter?

i have done a clean test with both kernels and get consistent results. i really love overclocking and the features with titans kernel but i also need tethering.

if this is a known issue i apologize just thought i would bring light on this subject..

Nobody :-(

NO, but I have jokiuspot & have just updated to the kernel. I'll try it out later if I get the chance along with BT and/or wired.. But at this location signal is very poor so speed is bad anyway...

Thanks for trying it. reponse time is slow as well. i get pings into the 400s.

i just want to say that is not a on paper only difference. it is very noticible.

Nokia Kernel- wired tethering = 4.7mbs
Titans Kernel 37- wired&wireless tethering = 0.5mbs

Just tried it here and basically JoikuSpot isn't working at all.

I managed to connect to it once, most of the time I associate, but no IP address. When I did connect ping was in the 300-3000ms time

Not a kernel issue, but also noticed if you leave the status window open it takes a high % cpu - hence power drain. Fortunately this seems primarily a gui issue and if switched to background cpu returns to normal.

That was joikuspot

useless. I did also post to this thread
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=665912

Basically it appears I mostly have to load the module manually (no big deal) but even when loaded throughput is no-where.

I see many errors of the type
[17356.101165] wl1251: ERROR Power save entry failed, giving up
[17356.910461] wlan0 reports beacon loss when not associated
[17358.023193] wl1251: ERROR Power save entry failed, giving up

Not only that, but it then, wierdly, appears to render my own wifi access point unusable from any device until the wap is rebooted..

Either need to back off to orig kernel or try free hostspot...

Trying out joikuspot on the stock kernel it's not great. Seeing very variable ping times and lost packets. Kernel reporting plenty of power management errors

What's more an ssh session to the n900 itself is getting ping times 70-80ms whilst over wifi am seeing 180-300 and some lost.

Joikuspot looks buggy IMO.

afbcamaro, I definitely see roughly the same performance drop that you see when using Mobile Hotspot and the power kernel. I haven't tried wired tethering. I will have to try that.

Anyone have an update? Am torn as to whether to try titan kernel again