Active Topics

Notices

How can I change my default font in N900 ? I would like to do little experiments with other fonts.

Posts: 276 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Vancouver,Canada / Dubai,UAE
Hey

Check out this http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=692 and it shows how to change it too

Cheers mate

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SR90 For This Useful Post:
SR90, thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to luomuhappo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 204 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Rochdale UK
need a tutorial on how to drop these font files into the location on the link =/

Please follow me on Twitter

www.twitter.com/marcdixon

Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
so I downloaded the font in the post you linked, renamed the four ttf files to *.ttf.old and moved the new ttf files into /usr/share/fonts/nokia/

then rebooted. nothing changed at first glance, except that my bookmarks displays small squares instead of letters as the header.

why would that be?

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 84 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
I would not recommend anyone to replace the standard fonts Instead install your fonts to /usr/share/fonts and thereafter mod your gtkrc file /opt/usr/share/themes/YOURTHEME/gtk-2.0/gtkrc
Replacing standard system fonts might mess up your system quite badly...

Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
what exactly do I change in the gtkrc file in order to change font to the ones downloaded in the earlier link?

theres no mention of .ttf at all in there.

edit: put the ttf files in /usr/share/fonts/ and rebooted, now theyre working. i assume its cause theyre named the same as the default nokia ones in /usr/share/fonts/nokia/ ?

Last edited by slai; 2010-07-11 at 11:14.

Originally Posted by slai View Post
what exactly do I change in the gtkrc file in order to change font to the ones downloaded in the earlier link?

theres no mention of .ttf at all in there.

edit: put the ttf files in /usr/share/fonts/ and rebooted, now theyre working. i assume its cause theyre named the same as the default nokia ones in /usr/share/fonts/nokia/ ?
You will find references to "Nokia Sans" in several places, change these to the name of your installed fonts, it could be "Droid Sans" or "Myfont" or something else. If you do not know the name of your font open settings in the notes application and check the name there. If you have installed the fonts correctly they will be in the font-list.

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
Anyone got some screenies to show off their custom fonts?

They may help with people finding a great serup for them.

oups, check next...

Last edited by daddeddad; 2010-07-11 at 12:34. Reason: doublepost