I am not sure if this worked before i upgraded to my current firmware on my device, which is 10.2010.19-1.203.1 which i believe is the latest firmware.

The problem i have, is that in work, on the wifi, we use opendns to block all the users from using websites they shouldn't. This is assigned via DHCP when their machines get an ip address.

I have tried to set my n900 so that when it connects to the wifi network in the building and gets an ip, that it uses different settings. I have done this via the GUI. When i set up the connection, i have gone into advanced and unticked auto retrieve DNS and put the DNS settings in for our isp (which on a pc bypasses the opendns)

However once this is all set, and i connect to the wifi network, its dns still points to opendns and its not using the settings assigned in the gui.

Anyone know how to fix this so the dns settings work for individual wifi networks?

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
It seems you can't have DHCP assigned IP address with custom DNS. If you manually assign both IP address and DNS then DNS will stick.