Notices

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2010 @ manila
hey guys... i got a notification that i needed to update pidgin xtra protocols... after i did that, for some reason my Yahoo Messenger couldn't connect anymore... it says: "Network Error" ...i udated to PR 1.3 about two days ago. I was still able to use Yahoo Messenger yesterday. Skype works fine. Are you guys getting that as well?

Last edited by rogeralcantara; 2010-11-01 at 17:07.

Originally Posted by rogeralcantara View Post
hey guys... i got a notification that i needed to update pidgin xtra protocols... after i did that, for some reason my Yahoo Messenger couldn't connect anymore... it says: "Network Error" ...i udated to PR 1.3 about two days ago. I was still able to use Yahoo Messenger yesterday. Skype works fine. Are you guys getting that as well?
No, My pidgin works fine. I am using PR 1.3 as well. The last time I were using yahoo messenger: yesterday. So Maybe try to uninstall your pidgin and reinstall again.

thank you.

I tried uninstalling ang re-installing the pidging xtra protocols but i still couldn't access Yahoo Messenger. In fact I could't even sign in to the account. I tried accessing YM via web to check and my account was active. Skype and Facebook chat worked as well... only YM didn't.

Posts: 199 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Philippines
thank you.

I tried uninstalling ang re-installing the pidging xtra protocols but i still couldn't access Yahoo Messenger. In fact I could't even sign in to the account. I tried accessing YM via web to check and my account was active. Skype and Facebook chat worked as well... only YM didn't.
same here.. ym does not work..

thank you.

hi
this happens to me every now and then, but my problem goes away by just logging into my yahoo account on a PC and LOGGING out from the CHAT and after that try reconnecting to chat on n900, this connects me to it.
hope this helps you too.

The Following User Says Thank You to atifhasan86 For This Useful Post:
I also have this issue. I am not using Pidgin (the application), only the extra protocols plugin. I tried restarting my device, same problem. It happened just after the last update to this package: http://maemo.org/downloads/product/M...tra-protocols/

Originally Posted by atifhasan86 View Post
hi
this happens to me every now and then, but my problem goes away by just logging into my yahoo account on a PC and LOGGING out from the CHAT and after that try reconnecting to chat on n900, this connects me to it.
hope this helps you too.
thank you. I tried doing that but i still couldn't sign in. I uninstalled pidgin for now. I'll just try re-installing it sometime in the future.

Originally Posted by ktav View Post
I also have this issue. I am not using Pidgin (the application), only the extra protocols plugin. I tried restarting my device, same problem. It happened just after the last update to this package: http://maemo.org/downloads/product/M...tra-protocols/
yes I also got that update and then after that the Yahoo Messenger stopped working. I can see from the comments there that ICQ isn't working as well after the update to that plugin. Anyone else experiencing problems?

Same problem here. Everything worked fine yesterday. This morning, I decided to upgrade to the newest version and Yahoo stopped working. Is there any way to roll back to the old version?

Posts: 176 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California
Same here. Don't quite remember what update I did last night, it was 220kb or something like that and YM was working before that update (with PR1.3). AIM, Skype, Gtalk all working fine though.

edit: just tried to delete and then add the YM account. Deleting was successfull, can't add the account now though, lol.

edit #2: there is an update in extras-devel for the protocols plugin that fixed my problems with YM. It's worth checking out but again, beware, it is extras-devel.

Last edited by whayong; 2010-11-01 at 21:07.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to whayong For This Useful Post: