Active Topics

I notice that a lot of images are missing from my e-mails. When I read these same e-mails using OUTLOOK on my PC they contain these images. But on the N810 e-mail client it is a box with a red
x in the upper left hand corner. Is there a setting to get these images. Thanks.

there is an app gconf-editor (or something like that- look in the app manager) and it will allow you to set a preference to allow images in email and a lot of other stuff

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by ranjo View Post
I notice that a lot of images are missing from my e-mails.
Modest does not load images except those included with the email message itself. So, any mail that wants to pull images off web servers, etc. will be rendered with empty boxes in place of those images in Modest.

As prk60091 states above, there is a way of changing this behaviour, but it's not super easy.

If you'd like to request that Modest be enhanced, you might vote for bug # 3691. You can also add information to the enhancement request, if you like.

Last edited by sjgadsby; 2008-10-08 at 19:55. Reason: adjusting phrasing

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
I have the same problem on my N900. However the point to note is I can see the images in the email body for my Gmail account, whereas the problem of images coming up as attachments is only for my Mail For Exchange account and the Image icon in the toolbar becomes greyed out.

So what could be differentiating these two account types?