Active Topics

Guys, need urgent help here.

When recording a video with N900 on the back side of the device the red LED light is constantly lighting. That sucks tremendously and I need to disable it. In the setting of the video recorder I couldn't find any options to accomplish my goal.

How to do that? Is there any hidden option? Or is there any hack or an app to do that?

Thanks!

Last edited by azzurro; 2010-06-24 at 20:58.

There is a program called "LIVE FOCUS." You get the option to disable red light.

The Following User Says Thank You to romanianusa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 609 | Thanked: 243 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Eastern USA
There's a status menu applet called Live Focus that does this. It's in Extras-Testing.

Try searching: It's the second result if you search "How to turn off red LED."

http://talk.maemo.org/search.php?searchid=7826149
Also, pin yourself in the map! Maemo Map. Send me a PM (Private Message) if I leave you hanging on a problem (or if you need more help).
Owner of both a N800 and N900; Active community member since Jan 2010. You've been xommified! - My blog.

The Following User Says Thank You to xomm For This Useful Post:
Thanks GUYS!!! BUT, how for the GOD's sake do I install this app on my N900??? Please, point this out, I'm a 1-day newbie.

Thanks

holly crap, I went to this page and downloaded the lfocus_0.528-4_all.deb file to the device. Then tried to install it and the installer barked that he cannot install it because there are some dependencies with another packages which are not yet installed.

Help!

Originally Posted by azzurro View Post
Thanks GUYS!!! BUT, how for the GOD's sake do I install this app on my N900??? Please, point this out, I'm a 1-day newbie.

Thanks
Go to App Manager and download and look for LIVE FOCUS. Make sure you enable repository. To enable it the easy way go
http://repository.maemo.org/ and click on "install"
of Fremantle Extra and Fremantle Extra Testing and Fremantle Extra-devel

Then come back to App Manager and check download and look for Live FOCUS.

This way...you don't have to look for dependencies.

Posts: 164 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Bucks, UK
Annoying thing about live focus, is that it keeps popping up at the bottom when your in the camera app, have to press screen to get rid of it every time

Originally Posted by romanianusa View Post
Go to App Manager and download and look for LIVE FOCUS. Make sure you enable repository. To enable it the easy way go
http://repository.maemo.org/ and click on "install"
of Fremantle Extra and Fremantle Extra Testing and Fremantle Extra-devel

Then come back to App Manager and check download and look for Live FOCUS.

This way...you don't have to look for dependencies.
Installed Fremantle Extras and Fremantle Extra-devel. The Fremantle Extra-devel cannot be fetched though (some repo's server problem). Couldn't find the installation link for the Fremantle Extras Testing repo, from repository.maemo.org you can just browse it, but not install.

Still there is no Live Focus app in the app manager. BTW, the search function is missing BADLY in the app manager.

Posts: 1,023 | Thanked: 4,421 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Argentina
also you can modify the camera recorder light pattern using "led patterns"

The Following User Says Thank You to CepiPerez For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by azzurro View Post
Installed Fremantle Extras and Fremantle Extra-devel. The Fremantle Extra-devel cannot be fetched though (some repo's server problem). Couldn't find the installation link for the Fremantle Extras Testing repo, from repository.maemo.org you can just browse it, but not install.

Still there is no Live Focus app in the app manager. BTW, the search function is missing BADLY in the app manager.
You can not find it under App Manager "download" list? I thought it was there.

Tags
secret videoing