Active Topics

Notices

hi,

I've tried to install this from extras-devel so I know it's not suppost to be bug free. I guess I found a bug, at least on my N900.

it seems to install OK and it inserts my MSN contacts into the maemo system. I can merge those contacts with already existing contacts so that they get an availibility marker and an MSN button in theire card. When I press this button I get a voncersation dialog box. up untill here no problem. The problem occurs apparently when these people get online. the status indicator turns green but the MSN button disappears from theire card so I can no longer open a conversation whit those people. When I edit the card I can still see the MSN field but it's no longer editable. I can only delete it (to delete it from the server as wel)

I have uninstalled the plugin and reïnstalled it to no avail.

Am I doin something wrong or is this a known bug? (can't find anything on this plugin, this seems to be an other plugin than the haze/butterfly/pecan plugins?)

If anybody can help me on this one, or if extra info is needed, prefearably with an explanation of how to obtain the extra info. Let me know!

thanks

Posts: 345 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Reunion Island
hi, did you test the extras protocol plugin ? and then register your account with msn (haze) service ?

The Following User Says Thank You to titi974 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 515 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oelsted, Denmark
The plugin used by "MSN protocol plugin for conversations and contacts" is butterfly:

The Following User Says Thank You to DrWilken For This Useful Post:
I suppose you mean the

extra protocol plugins for conversations and contacts 0.7

am going to give that a try right now, the MSN(haze) is included in that package?

Originally Posted by synca View Post
I suppose you mean the

extra protocol plugins for conversations and contacts 0.7

am going to give that a try right now, the MSN(haze) is included in that package?
Look above...

Beware that butterfly has a very annoying bug (deleted contacts show up in contact list)...

I settled with haze (installed using the "Pidgin protocols plugin for Conversations and Contacts" meta package)... Works for me...

the extra protocol plugins has indeed the MSN(haze) included as well as MSN without any addition, so in analogy with the previous post most likely the butterfly plugin?

I've configured the haze plugin, now I have to look into importing my contacts as it doesn't seem to go automaticly as with the butterfly one.

Posts: 345 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Reunion Island
yeah haze works just fine

the extra protocol plugins has indeed the MSN(haze) included as well as MSN without any addition, so in analogy with the previous post most likely the butterfly plugin.
Yes, the one that shows up as "MSN" is the butterfly plugin... The others "MSN (haze)", "MSN (pecan)"... Well no need for an explanation about them I guess...

I've configured the haze plugin, now I have to look into importing my contacts as it doesn't seem to go automaticly as with the butterfly one.
Yeah, they are treated as seperate accounts... I have both butterfly (MSN) and haze (MSN (haze)) on mine because I believe that butterfly will be the better choice soon...

Last edited by DrWilken; 2010-01-03 at 15:39.

OK found my contacts...

You have to log in after setting up

have to go out to now will play with it later!

Thanks for the help so far!