Active Topics

Hello everybody,

i have a question:
I want to have a script that marks a special incomming sms as read just when it arrives. Is this possible? And when yes, how to do this?

Why i want that:
I can send an USSD code to my provider to ask the actual costs and the remaining data of my surf option. Now a user wrote me a script which shows the costs via Desktop command execution widget on my desktop, so i don't have to open the sms, i see all needed infos on my desktop. now the problem is, that i already have to open the sms to mark it as read. it would be great if this would happen automaticly.

I hope someone can help me
thank you.
regards
moerderameise

Edit:

it would also be great if that script would also be able to delete all older sms from my provider. just the last sms should be kept in phone. is that also possible?

Has nobody an answer? Or maybe an useful link? something?

Posts: 219 | Thanked: 94 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
I think SMS content is stored to evolution data server. Did some quick googling, but didn't find command line interface for mangling data inside the DB.

hmm ok. thought it could not be tooo difficult to handle this, but it seems to relly difficult. another way would be to let the script open the incomming sms beginning with specific words and let it close right after opened. but if its not realisable to mark the sms as read through a script it will also not be possible to open it and close it right after. am i right?