Active Topics

Posts: 664 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
Hi,
I promoted my package to Extras after QA process of around 3 months. But the thing is it doesn't have screenshot to show users what it looks like. So, how can I upload picture for it thanks?

Posts: 176 | Thanked: 262 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Texas, USA
Bring up your app page, then make sure you are logged into maemo.org. Choose "Edit" from the new menu you'll get at the top, center of the page.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mooninite For This Useful Post:
Ok now I'm really pissed. I went to maemo.org/downloads and then to the page of my package and signed in and then edited the description and screenshot and saved it. The page is then updated with the new description and screenshot but next time I see it, the screenshot is there but the description is back to what it was and I've been doing this for 4-5 times already. What possible am I doing wrong here? Thanks

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by jaeezzy View Post
Ok now I'm really pissed. I went to maemo.org/downloads and then to the page of my package and signed in and then edited the description and screenshot and saved it. The page is then updated with the new description and screenshot but next time I see it, the screenshot is there but the description is back to what it was and I've been doing this for 4-5 times already. What possible am I doing wrong here? Thanks
could it be the same than with changin real name: maemo.org changes aren't saved because garage overrides its own information no matter what.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

You can't edit the description without updating the whole package.

Originally Posted by mikkov View Post
You can't edit the description without updating the whole package.
THanks for the reply guys. When I uploaded the package it was an update to the previous version and I added the XB-Maemo-Upgrade-Description: "xxx" as well as the main description as just Description: "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx". So shouldn't it take the main one or did I do something wrong or something... And if I upload the package again it will have to go all the way through QA process again, won't it?

THanks for the reply guys. When I uploaded the package it was an update to the previous version and I added the XB-Maemo-Upgrade-Description: "xxx" as well as the main description as just Description: "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx". So shouldn't it take the main one or did I do something wrong or something... And if I upload the package again it will have to go all the way through QA process again, won't it?
Which package we are talking here? Maemo-Upgrade-Description sometimes replaces the main description in downloads, sometimes it's not shown at all. I don't know why (file a bug)

Yes the packages has go through the QA process again.

Which package we are talking here? Maemo-Upgrade-Description sometimes replaces the main description in downloads, sometimes it's not shown at all. I don't know why (file a bug)

Yes the packages has go through the QA process again.
Its Desktop Photo Slideshow Widget under Desktop of course.

Its Desktop Photo Slideshow Widget under Desktop of course.
Ah yes of course now that you mention the name

Downloads seems to be showing Upgrade-Description instead of the real description.

Is your application GPL licenced or not? It's in non-free without a source that I can see, but the copyright file says it's GPL licenced. It's also missing all the Dependencies in Depends field (luckily they are probably all pre-installed)

Ah yes of course now that you mention the name

Downloads seems to be showing Upgrade-Description instead of the real description.

Is your application GPL licenced or not? It's in non-free without a source that I can see, but the copyright file says it's GPL licenced. It's also missing all the Dependencies in Depends field (luckily they are probably all pre-installed)
Ya thats my bad. I actually wanted to do it under GPL licence but found it easier to upload as non-free and ya its autogenerated dependency list using ${shlibsepends} so not sure about it. Should you need anything I'll be more than happy to share. Thanks