Active Topics

Banned | Posts: 291 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Dec 2009

Originally Posted by OrangeBox View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvJCR4F99bE
Great find. I notice the speed difference also its incredibly faster than my old n95 8gb

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ South-West UK
^^ too right, I keep finding myself F5'ing the explorer to make sure I've copied the files correctly! Very impressed with the transfer speed.

Posts: 387 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Dublin
Thats a major improvement on the n95 8gb.

Can you use the phone while your transfering data too and from it? does it bring up a transfer window that you can switch too and from emails and webpages and other apps. just wondering since my n95 8gb was really just a transfer and wait til it was done before doing anything else because u either did it in mass memory mode and or through ovi/nokia suite and it lagged the phone up bad.

Posts: 378 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Denmark
wonder how he did that... tried transfering 500mb file a few days ago. took like 7min or something in mass storage mode.

Originally Posted by mthmob View Post
wonder how he did that... tried transfering 500mb file a few days ago. took like 7min or something in mass storage mode.
Your computer isn't using USB 2 Hi-Speed.
500MB in 7min is about 9.5Mb/s, USB 1 full speed is max 12Mb/s
USB 2 Hi-Speed is max 480Mb/s (realistically you may not achieve this, but certainly should be in that order of magnitude.

I used to hate the transfer speeds of my N95 8GB n thought they were totally outrageous. Loving my N900 transfer a 700mb film in about 30 seconds! Thats more like it!

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ By the swamp
Even the slowest USB mode is faster than the internal eMMC memory. My device gulps data at well over 50 MB per second at first and I can see the load applet's RAM bar shoot up, but once the associated RAM buffer is full, the transfer speed slows to a crawl around 2 MB per second - regardless of the USB host's capabilities. Of course this effectively increases transfer speed to the device, as the initial burst makes the average much better. Anyone has a source for those new ultrafast eMMC chips? x)

Nevertheless, I'm still loving this lil' piece of awesome more and more every day

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ South-West UK
Originally Posted by smegheadz View Post
Thats a major improvement on the n95 8gb.

Can you use the phone while your transfering data too and from it? does it bring up a transfer window that you can switch too and from emails and webpages and other apps. just wondering since my n95 8gb was really just a transfer and wait til it was done before doing anything else because u either did it in mass memory mode and or through ovi/nokia suite and it lagged the phone up bad.
Yes and no. In Mass Storage mode I found I could use most functions that don't touch the mass memory just fine- I'm pretty sure I was OK with browsing, texting and emails etc, but had to close down things like AppManager and "cd .." out of the directory in terminal (fair enough really).
Not sure about this in PC suite mode, I haven't even used that yet- maybe later tonight

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Seattle
what's the difference between PC suite mode and Mass Storage mode?