Notices

hi,

when the n900 was launched back in the end of november, i tried to install drnoksnes via deb file, as the emulators already were taken out of the extras repository.

as a complete linux noob, i first tried to install the drknoksnes-dbg 1.2.2 file, which (i think) was not the correct action, so i also installed drnoksnes.deb and everything works..

unfortunately, i am encountering problems while updating to the newer version, as the uninstallation of drnoksnes-dbg is not possible, and i don't know how to solve that, as i could not uninstall it via xterm.

any help would be appreciated pretty much

Last edited by geppo; 2010-01-13 at 12:56.

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Sweden
However, the answer is

For repository fetched packages:
apt-get remove <packagename>

For manually installed packages
dpkg -r <packagename>

(both of these require sudo gainroot or equivalent)

hey hexagon, thanks for your reply..i tried this some time ago.. when using dpkg -r with root via rootsh, i received the following error:

dpkg -r MyDocs/drnoksnes-dbg_1.2.2_armel.deb

dpkg: you must specify packages b their own names, not by quoting the names of the files they come in.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by geppo View Post
hey hexagon, thanks for your reply..i tried this some time ago.. when using dpkg -r with root via rootsh, i received the following error:

dpkg -r MyDocs/drnoksnes-dbg_1.2.2_armel.deb

dpkg: you must specify packages b their own names, not by quoting the names of the files they come in.
As it says, you just want the package name, so:
Code:
dpkg -r drnoksnes-dbg

that worked i was a bit confused, at it suggested MyDocs/srnoksnes-dbg_1.2.2_armel.deb as i tab'ed.

thank you very much, guys!