I just received my precious little Internet Traveler, the Nokia 770. What a great idea, I was thinking. Then after everything was just perfect. I went to the Nokia website and updated my OS to the newest, best OS for the 770 on the planet! After that my Mona Lisa of technology acted like it was on purple acid. It froze up and all the colors on the screen are smeared like a bad Salvador Dali painting. Thank GOD for upgrades!
I got almost twenty four hours of pure Internet surfing pleasure before it turned into a Internet tablet paper weight. You know not may people have a $400.00 paper weight. After getting that off my broken heart chest. Can someone link me to a earlier version of the 2006 OS, (the one that came with the device)?

Thank you

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Did you try reflashing? If the first try screwed up, well...

I do hope you stick with it though... while it can be finicky, it really does kick *** on the whole despite it's (many) quirks.

I do not know how to flash. I am running windows xp pro on a laptop.

Thanks

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on May 2006 @ Bethesda, MD
REFLASH= In this case just do the Upgrade Again. Make sure you have a full battery and follow the instructions to the letter.

Yiou can find all of the past OS Versions HERE

BB 8330 w/ SPRINT

NOKIA 770 w/ OS 2006
1 GB SanDisk RS-MMC

Thanks for your help. I reflashed and the screen is still bad. I am sending it back to the store for replacement.

Thanks Again

Posts: 242 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ USA & BharatVarsh ( INDIA - Kerala ).
Originally Posted by mab1
I just received my precious little Internet Traveler, the Nokia 770. What a great idea, I was thinking. Then after everything was just perfect. I went to the Nokia website and updated my OS to the newest, best OS for the 770 on the planet! After that my Mona Lisa of technology acted like it was on purple acid. It froze up and all the colors on the screen are smeared like a bad Salvador Dali painting. Thank GOD for upgrades!
I got almost twenty four hours of pure Internet surfing pleasure before it turned into a Internet tablet paper weight. You know not may people have a $400.00 paper weight. After getting that off my broken heart chest. Can someone link me to a earlier version of the 2006 OS, (the one that came with the device)?

Thank you
I do not really, really want to say this but I think I have to say it anyways. I feel that in the later versions of the Nokia 770, the Hardware quality may be very gradually degrading. I was one of the early adopters of the Nokia 770 ( I think, I got mine in Jan 2006 and it is made in Estonia ). Other then the well known hairline crack near microphone / USB connection, I have not had too many issues with it. I say this after upgrading it to all the various OSes that have been provided, recharging it as and when required and all that jazz.

While I will not say that I have used it roughly, I sure had times when I tapped on the digitizer rather harder then I should and also tried to grab it quick( and hard ) a couple of times, while it almost fell out of my hand.
Just IMHO.

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I have an Estonian unit from Dec 2005. No issues aside from a scratch on the screen from the plastic case when it's closed. A friend has one bought the same day and no issues for him either. I think you may be right Arjun.

Posts: 564 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Fayetteville, GA
Originally Posted by Hedgecore
I have an Estonian unit from Dec 2005. No issues aside from a scratch on the screen from the plastic case when it's closed. A friend has one bought the same day and no issues for him either. I think you may be right Arjun.
That sounds about right on my end as well. Made in Estonia, small crack between USB and audio jack, no big issues other than that.
3pm - So good, it's illegal

Mine was made in Estonia also. I used a screen protector from Fellows. Is the screen protector needed or is it hampering the performance.

Posts: 564 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Fayetteville, GA
I tried the whole screen protection thing early in my 770's life and found the screen protecters to be unnecessary. Of course I'm pretty careful with screens anyway, but I'd say the one on the 770 has been tough enough for the course. Probably depends more on if you'er more of a touch screen user or a button presser.
3pm - So good, it's illegal