Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Southern Oregon Coast
Hey all!

I am trying to reinstall Xournal on my n810.

When I try to install it, it comes up as the version for Fremantle even from the 2008 directory of apps.

How can I get the version for 2008 install?

thanks

From what I remember the port to diablo was never fully completed. You need to use the one from chinook - be sure to disable the chinook repository afterwards.
The fremantle one isn't quite feature-complete yet either - Anidel is working on it and plans to backport to diablo.

So how do I do this exactly?

I have the 1K file that sends me to the download but that download is for Fremantle, not Diablo or Chinook...

Also, it seems to me that from the application installer I used to be able to click on the "Web Catalog". Now nothing happens when I do. Ideas?

thx

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
I think I'm supposed to warn you not to go to this website and to be very careful if you do, but ...

First, make sure you don't have anything called Xournal in your installed apps.

Open the catalogs listing in App Manager. Look through any catalogs called "maemo Extras" and disable any that aren't expressly for Chinook.

If you don't have a "maemo Extras" for Chinook, then, using your NIT, go to this website:
http://www.gronmayer.com/it/index.php

Search for Xournal and you'll find that it's in a single repository. Click to install that repository.

Now go to installable apps in App Mgr, and select Xournal. Install it.

Then -- and here's where I think I'm supposed to be responsible -- go back to your catalogs and Disable the Chinook repository and re-Enable the Diablo "maemo Extras" repository. You shouldn't have any Fremantly repositories among your catalogs at all.

EDIT: I just saw your other post. To disable Diablo repositories, in Application Manager, go to the menu: Tools >> Application Catalog and there you can select a catalog and then click the Edit button. Keep track of any edits you do there, so you can undo them.

Last edited by GeraldKo; 2009-12-04 at 18:24.

The Following User Says Thank You to GeraldKo For This Useful Post:
GeraldKo:

that did it. I had do disable the Fremantle Extras but could not remember how to get there.
thx