Active Topics

Buy the N810 imagining that I would find one of the best experiences of Software GPS market.

The meeting which is a product of nokia that rather than use a software better GPS (Nokia Maps enhancing its functionality to better use in large screen) is a mess of software (wayfinder), which should have more than 2 years not receive an update, with an imperfect system of voice (for which the terms are).

I bought a new product with the late (That is ridiculous).
So why the nokia is a product with GPS is not working and have a third or decent?
Just to say that GPS is (to put in the box "GPS just for show").

Now you bought the nokia maps from a company, used a good software (Nokia Maps) and not enough to put in products that have a higher use.

Posts: 106 | Thanked: 90 times | Joined on May 2009 @ England
I use Maemo Mapper (with Flite) and have always been really happy with the GPS.

Have you given Maemo Mapper a try? You can download all the maps and everything really simply, no cost, no problems

I tried the Maemo Mapper, but thought he could have online access. There is a possibility to use offline?
He has the ability to route, POI?

But even so Nokia should take and create a vergolha as Nokia maps. It may even be paid, but at least something decent.

Posts: 106 | Thanked: 90 times | Joined on May 2009 @ England
You only need to access the internet to download the programme and the maps. Once you have done this, you can use it offline, and there is no further need to connect again, unless you want more maps

So as long as you download all the maps you need, you don't need to worry about being online

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Toronto, Ontario
Also try installing A-GPS for a quicker connection time.

Thanks for the help. I try to use Maemo Mapper.

The Maemo Mapper, he speaks?

What voices do you support?

AGPS? Where do you find that and how do you install it? Also, don't you need to be online to build routes in Maemo Mapper? Or has that been fixed so they can be done offline?

How can I search a street?

From what I understand this program is not a browser, but a cinema of maps.
I can not find a place to find the route is not with voices and 3D and in browsers.

This program is one thing, the other (wayfinder) is something else, anything that is complete and functional.

So to see the Nokia has a product that can not be used.

How does a company makes a new operating system, creates the ability to use GPS (it has all this work) and time of use there is no software.

As I said disappointed.
I thought I was buying a beaten in office.

But as always, things only provide when it is dedicated (you should buy a digital camera because it does not provide phone, you have to buy a gps navigator, because the phone does not work).

One disappointment with the nokia and the developers of the system.

Because the Nokia uses the Symbian simply not in it? It already exists, all software, programs.

Here is my desapotamento with this system.

Developers should create software using the maps that are great the company that Nokia bought with voice, 3D, etc ...
Yeah ta complete the system.

What I see here on this site is people disappointed with the product (gps).

Really sad!

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 176 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Paris France
You are not wrong, i guess ... if you want a very good GPS, you buy a GPS, if you want a very good media player, you buy a media player ...

If you buy a swiss army knife it will not really replace a complete tool box but will help you in many cases. It's the same for these tablets, they are pocket computers with some additional functions like GPS, if your needs are light, it should be good enough. Otherwise, buy a GPS.

Please keep in mind that Nokia Tablets are pocket computers ... but will not completely replace a real computer either ...

Anyway, as you stated here, it seems that many people complain about the GPS software in the tablet. Maybe you should have checked the web before buying the tablet.

And please don't blame too much Nokia or the community, it's the same on most of the mobile devices : GPS on iPhone is ludicrus, GPS on symbian phone is far from perfect, GPS on Win Mo phones is not bad ... as long as the phone works well without bugs ...

Last edited by totololo; 2009-05-15 at 12:30.