Active Topics

Notices

Hello!

Maybe you want to try this dirty port of a great game called OpenLieroX.

Download it

It's easy to port so if someone could make a better version with some problems solved like no onscreen keyboard when you need to write something and bad controls.

Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Jettis View Post
Hello!

Maybe you want to try this dirty port of a great game called OpenLieroX.

Download it

It's easy to port so if someone could make a better version with some problems solved like no onscreen keyboard when you need to write something and bad controls.
Great find! Kudos! Will test this and get back to you if i find anything i can improve.

Salute!

Good lord that game is HUGE (38MB)!

Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
Originally Posted by iball View Post
Good lord that game is HUGE (38MB)!
Many games have data too large for the root fs. Moving the game data to flash vfat partition and making a symbolic link from /usr/share/whatever to mmc1 generally works, but requires user to know the ln -s unix command.

Some games also can take the data directory as a command line argument. (edit) for e.g. uqm -n /media/mmc1/share/uqm/content

I am considering changing my large game-data debs to install to /media/mmc1/share/<gamename> if space is available. I don't yet have a way to pop up a user dialogue during install to ask user for confirmation though.

I'll start a thread in development, as this issue affects a large number of game installs.

Last edited by ArnimS; 2007-09-09 at 06:25.

Well, I went and installed it. When trying to run it it complains of dependencies.

When trying to run the "start" program I get the following error:

./openlierox: error while loading shared libraries: libXpm.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
When trying to run the "openlierox" program I get the following DIFFERENT error:

./openlierox: error while loading shared libraries: libgd.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Have you tried to find libXpm from maemo repositories? It should be there.

I think that you can change data directory in options.cfg. It's in OpenLieroX's cfg folder or ~/.OpenLieroX/cfg/.

Posts: 231 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Singapore
Download keeps stalling and takes forever. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Hey,

I am the developer of OpenLieroX.

I am interested in this port. Can you show me your changes? What exactly have you changed from our version? I would like to include these changes also into our source to provide an up-to-date N800-version in the future.

Can you contact me via mail? That would be easier. Sadly I haven't found any contact information from you.

My mail: admin {at} az2000 {dot} de

Greetings,
Albert

Openlierox_0.57-beta3 is available from diablo extras-devel for testing. Tarball in the first post probably has the same version. Minimum installation is around 7MB and you can install extra level and mod packs.

Newest version of openlierox is beta5, but I haven't managed to get that working. It's segfaulting somewhere in libstdc++ which is not good at all.

Tell here if is this version is working good enough and I'll promote it to maemo extras

Here's link to home page: http://openlierox.sourceforge.net/

Last edited by mikkov; 2008-07-30 at 23:07.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikkov For This Useful Post:
Seems to be working well for me, though I've discovered I prefer Worms to Worms in real-time.