Active Topics

Notices

Is it something on my tablet or is it the 400MHz processor no longer coping with Diablo. Browsing is slow and the tablet freezes while loading each page.

Any recommendations?

Last edited by ramkre; 2009-01-12 at 20:00.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Search?

I found this too, and found a simple solution.

Yesterday I had flashed my n800 in order to fix the bug about pairing a bluetooth keyboard - very annoying to have to get involved in root access but it worked. So, my tablet was clean - no apps. Browsing was fine, quite quick and very usable.

After a couple of hours of putting apps onto it, browsing was impossibly slow, Yahoo mail froze the browser every time and I was having to kill it.

So, IMHO, the browser performance is very dependent on free space on the N800. I uninstalled about 25-30Mb of apps and the browser speed was acceptable again.

There are too many ideas/ solutions to list every time someone asks this question, so linking the wiki is the best response.
http://www.internettablettalk.com/wi...e#Web_Browsing

AFAIK they're all in the wiki, but some things make more of a difference, and those are the things to do first -- besides speeding up the browser, they make browsing in general more enjoyable, like avoiding flash ads and modifying your hosts file, and so you may want to do them on the desktop as well:

Run without Flash, (which I'd do merely to avoid the very annoying Flash ads, so click components off on the N800 vs using Flashblock on the desktop box); use tear for browsing some pages, especially pages which take a long time to load as tear better allows scrolling-while-loading whereas microb is VERY annoying in this regard; use a modified hosts file, (different file but same idea on desktop); use an html stripper for some pages: http://www.google.com/gwt/n, etc.

Good luck,

Joe

Last edited by Justjoe; 2009-03-21 at 12:53.

hi, the default browser MicroB on n810 is slow too,
pages load way faster with Ice weezle once the app has started up and is running in memory. it is basically a port of firefox

Posts: 192 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Wichita, KS
i recommend tear.

Posts: 143 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Bradford, (England)
tear is by far the better, apart from shutting down a little too often, and limiting characters being inputted in a form, ie; internet banking.

fennec has huge potential, yet still only alpha, but still a quality browsing experience

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
i would recommend digi@web browser. Although slow to start it works really well and the scrolling is awesome.

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
i would recommend digi@web browser. Although slow to start it works really well and the scrolling is awesome.
Are you using an 810 or an 800?