Active Topics

Notices

I havce 2 memory cards. The bigger one holds a bunch of movies and songs. Canola indexed it great. When I put in the other card, with different movies, I make sure it is set to look to the removable disk but it doesnt see the new material. It still lists the material on the original card. The media player sees what's on the current card in the machine, just not Canola. Has anyone else noticed this "glitch?"

You will have to reset the "watched folders" for the new card.
The way Canola looks at media is by way of watched folders. So there is no way it knows that a card has been switched. The only way I guess to force a recan of media is to unwatch and watch the new folders again on new card.

In future I hope they include a Media rescan option somwhere.

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
Hi Nilchak and WFT,

Yes this is rescan will be added for sure. We were quite "smooth" on the media scaner this time because of the problems of the past version. We want to find the best scanning x cpu usage possible, and thus we are very " economic". But this will be easily solved.

BR

Marcelo

I like the interface. It didn't see my removable Disk either, so thanks for the watched folders hint. I uninstalled Canola because my Rhapsody volume control wouldn't work. For the time being I'll stick with the regular player, but I look forward to trying Canola again.

Hi Belder,

Can you please tell me more about this rhapsody problem? It was the hardware keys while canola is running that didn't answered the way they should?

Br

Marcelo

I have to agree that the media scanning is an issue. It makes using canola a little less smooth. A little bit more of a hassle than it could be. Overall a very lovely looking program. I wish it was a little more configurable for the user. Not just which card should it watch, but which directory.

Thanks for all of the hard work.

Hal

HFw01 :

Hi, for us now media scanner issues are more about some files not being founded (file type) and some tags got wrong. but..

You can already pick the folder. If you do not touch the rounded eye icon, you will browser your card, your internal memory and can set "watch" just for the folders you want.

I expected this to be simple : / but it appears is not that simple. So we will place a better help message at the top, and make a tutorial video for the site.

http://openbossa.indt.org.br/canola2...a_settings.mov

I think we should Zoom in the video and put a title (sorry for the juvenile mistake)

Br

Marcelo

UPDATE: also I forgot to say that the animation between "folders" is not ready, so it really "straightforward change that can mislead the user. It seems that the back is working, oddly.

Marcelo

Last edited by handful; 2007-12-28 at 10:28.

The Following User Says Thank You to handful For This Useful Post:
Marcelo,
Thanks for your reply. Yes. In Rhapsody 3.1 the volume control in the program would not move. Also the master volume in the main menu. I keep my volume all the way up most of the time but it would not lower or adjust until I removed Canola2.
Thanks!
Bill

Thanks for the reply about folders. Guess my fingers went straight for the eye. oh well....

-hal

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ oakland
while we're on the topic of bugs, i've found that the volume in canola is very low. whether i plug in speakers or not, i have to set the system volume and canola volume to maximum to get decent sound. not sure why this would be, but volume is fine in other apps.

p.s. other than this and some occasional crashing, i love canola2!