Active Topics

Has anyone been able to get the Bluetooth internet connection working with a Centro from Sprint? I cannot find a way to enable the dial-up networking on my Centro, and I would really like to get connected.

I've also tried USB Modem as an alternative, but I can't find how to get it to connect with my N810. Any help from users who use this?

I got it working with my Verizon Centro via bluetooth dun with no problems.

Do these instructions work for you?
http://www.palm.com/us/support/DUN/index.html#bluetooth

Are you paying extra to "tether"? I have to on Verizon, not sure about Sprint.

The Following User Says Thank You to JeffLuszcz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 63 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Chandler, AZ, USA
The Biles, do you have the PAM plan from sprint or just a normal phone plan?
Also with centro/treo from sprint and DUN in OS2008 Diablo you have to make sure username and password fields are blank. I had to go into my connection manager and delete <Username here> thing that it puts in by default. If you don't have a phone as modem plan and are using USB modem make sure you diaable default dun VIA usbmodem and set usb modem to bluetooth mode, then the N810 will connect as normal using sprint as DUN on the N810 with user and pass blank

The Following User Says Thank You to acydlord For This Useful Post:
I could not get it connect via the default way; I guess I don't have DUN in my plan. I got it working via USB modem though. Works very well. Now to purchase the full version.

Can one you guys point me to a step by step to tether the 810 to the centro ??
I have tried looking everywhere.
I tried following this instruction here but got lost to where to put the #777.
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...3&postcount=32

I have the $30 Sero unlimited plan and I've heard many people were able to tether without paying "extra plan"
I just got this 810 at Costco and would like to keep it if I can get this working.
OH, I did installed USBmodem on the Centro.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Fyi, it works great on the Sero plan with my Treo 755. No setup necessary--it just worked, first time I tried it.

You sound like you are still in the 30-day window to exchange your Centro, if necessary.

Why would the Centro be so much harder, btw? Anyone know?

Last edited by geneven; 2008-08-02 at 14:26. Reason: dumb

Thanks to Biles....I got mine connected.
What I did wrong was I didn't set my connection up on the 810(Setting the #777 and no password).
I just have to say this is freakin awesome.
Connection anywhere where Sprint is present at no extra cost for me.
Definately keeping this tablet.
I was going to buy an Eee or Msi Wind but this is much easier to carry around.

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ United States
WOW! I would never have guessed that dropping the username was the key, but it works!

Many thanks!

-------------------------------------

Hello, everyone. I just got my N810 from Buy.com. I am trying to set up the internet connection between the N810 and centro. I paired the phone with N810 and select the sprint as provider. But I always got the error message: "connection failed to phone, try again?" I am just wondering what DUN is and do I need to install DUN on N810 or centro? Thanks a lot.

Just got it worked. DUN is dial up network. sprint hide it on centro. so we have to install usbmodem on centro to turn it on.