Active Topics

Hey all. I have an issue that I haven't seen posted before....

When booted to my memory card's partition rather than flash, all "pop up" dialog boxes are popping up jammed into the top left corner (far enough that the top border is not visible) rather than centered on the screen. Most of the time it's no big deal to drag the box down and over, or to use it in that position, but I've run into issues where some boxes resize rather than move, so it's nearly impossible to get to the information in the box, much less use it.

I've Fsck'ed the partition, but it didn't seem to help. Any ideas? Is there a setting i bumped... Any cure short of a reformat would be appreciated!!

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
If you have qole's debian chroot installed, it installs my mod to enable you to move dialog boxes. this has the side effect mentioned by you. you can move back the old matchbox.defs if you wish.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Running Qole's Debian chroot, maybe?

It's a Matchbox tweak. It's been discussed a great deal.

The Following User Says Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:
To clarify:

Look in the matchbox/window-manager hack listed in qwerty12's signature above.

Thanks Guys!! How awesome is this community that I get a definitive answer so quick. (and from such distinguished members) I am running Qole's Debian chroot!!

Nate

The Following User Says Thank You to Natehunderd For This Useful Post:
Saw the link in qwerty's sig and am on it.... OK - revealling myself as a total newbie when I ask ... " Now how do I edit the matchbox.defs file. I can get there as per qwerty's instruction, but can't quite figure out how to make my changes stick.

You'll need to be root in order to edit the file.

Install rootsh, then in xterm you can type

rootsh vi /etc/osso-af-init/matchbox.defs

CM - thnx - I made it that far. I'm running as root. But my question is more basic than that I guess... OK - so I'm in there... I overtype the text. Then.... How do I save it?

Am I making sense?

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
If you are using vi, after making the changes, press Escape and type :wq

Be warned, incorrect changes to that file will result in the tablet not booting.

Posts: 566 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Tallahassee, FL
if you are "in it" using the vi editor, then

:wq

will save it.

if you were in Insert or Replace mode before that, you'll have to hit [Esc] first, then :wq to "write" and "quit" (if you want to quit without saving, :q! )