Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
would it be possible for someone to write a script to disable auto dimming on the 810 in order to keep it at max brightness (or any desired level) and at the same time when in low light conditions , to use the light sensor to keep the keyboard lit as long as it is opened??

Good idea. Especially for us left handedly challenged ones. I keep moving my left hand over the sensor to get to the scroll bar on the right hand side of the screen with my stylus. When my hand moves over - dim. Its a bit like being in a disco. Even better - why not add a setting for us lefties that will display the scrollbars on the left hand side?

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
i agree about the sensor thing , im right handed but the way i hold it with my left hand covers it. i just feel that it is MY machine , I should be able to have the option of not ever having it dim... and for they keyboard not to stay on in the dark is just plain dumb

If the charge cable or USB is plugged in, you will normally pick it up with your left hand and cover the light sensor. And probably the camera. They do need to adjust this. It might be possible to do something fiber-optic wise too.