Notices

Is it possible to stop an SMS from getting transmitted after user has hit the sent button, but the SMS is still not picked up by the provider. This would be equivalent to deleting the message from the Outbox in Symbian devices.

Thanks!

~@!

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
Try opening the conversation, if you see the unsent message press and hold on it and from the menu select delete.

if you are fast enough, switch to offline mode and delete the message in Conversation.

This doesn't stop the message from transmitting, just removes it from the conversations. Exact steps I followed:

1. Phone mode > Offline
2. Typed SMS to a colleague and pressed SEND
3. Opened Conversations. Deleted the top message (this has a gren circle showing unsent)
4. Phone mode > Online

Result:

Message got delivered to the colleague, though I don't have a copy of it in Conversations. Is it not how your phone behaves? Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to aiyush For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
removing stuff from conversations probably doesn't affect the sending at all.

e: just as I suspected: rtcom-eventlogger and sms sending aren't connected at all. (well, conversations triggers them both when sending a message but thats as close as they get)

ee: only thing that crosses my mind would be tampering with dbus -strings but that also can't be done afterwards. and the delays we are talking about are so small that you would probably not make it in time anyway...
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Last edited by ossipena; 2010-07-05 at 07:27.

The Following User Says Thank You to ossipena For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by aiyush View Post
This doesn't stop the message from transmitting, just removes it from the conversations. Exact steps I followed:

1. Phone mode > Offline
2. Typed SMS to a colleague and pressed SEND
3. Opened Conversations. Deleted the top message (this has a gren circle showing unsent)
4. Phone mode > Online

Result:

Message got delivered to the colleague, though I don't have a copy of it in Conversations. Is it not how your phone behaves? Thanks!
If the phone is sending messages while it's in offline mode then this should be reported as a bug.

Originally Posted by dana.s View Post
If the phone is sending messages while it's in offline mode then this should be reported as a bug.
you didn't quite understand. did you notice that last step was to put device to online mode and as a result the message got delivered?
Google Custom Search

Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
you didn't quite understand. did you notice that last step was to put device to online mode and as a result the message got delivered?
My apologizes, but still there is a bug, he removed the message @ step 3 but still got delivered.

EDIT: I'm not sure if the message got delivered before step 3 or after that, in both ways it should not be delivered.

Last edited by dana.s; 2010-07-05 at 07:53.

This seems like a relevant thread to ask a quick question...

I have thousands of sms's sent to a contact and the problem i have is because some time ago the message failed to send, the icon in conversations is stuck showing an error icon. Is there a way to clear this or do i have to scroll through thousands of messages deleting the ones which didn't send? Obviously im not going to do that because it will take forever!!

Hope that makes sense!!

Originally Posted by dana.s View Post
My apologizes, but still there is a bug, he removed the message @ step 3 but still got delivered.

EDIT: I'm not sure if the message got delivered before step 3 or after that, in both ways it should not be delivered.
it isn't a bug imo. which handset has the ability to cancel sending of message? afaik every handset allows deletion of sent message but message is sent anyway. best way is to not send the sms in the first place.... second best is to misconfigure the sms center number.
Google Custom Search