Active Topics

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on May 2010 @ TMO
http://thehandheldblog.com/2010/10/0...non-550d-dslr/

As you can see for yourself, the detail on the N8′s shots is very impressive indeed.

Who would have thought that the N8 could even give a DSLR a run for its money. There will be things the N8 will not be able to match such as depth of field, low light performance, speed and sometimes even detail but for something that stays in your pocket 24/7 and weighs nothing compared to a DSLR, I’d say the N8 has come out with flying colours. The results have shocked me as well, even while I was taking the pictures I could not imagine that the results the N8 produces can look good to an untrained eye, even when put up against a DSLR. Remember, all the untouched, full resolution images from both devices are here.

After all the images I have taken with the N8, after the tons of video that I have seen it produce; I can only come to one conclusion, the N8 is the best camera phone on the market today, don’t let anyone tell you different.
Can we see the N8's camera unit in the N9, Nokia? Pretty please, with a bit of Jobscobian flakes on top of your marketshare sundae RIMmed with some Droidish crumbs?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rickysio For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
I have been wishing this since I realized that N8's camera module plus fcam api isn't too long shot at all....

e: the test is btw ridiculous. the guy is comparing automatic exposure programs (that you can switch and compensate multiple EV's with dslrs....)
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

The Following User Says Thank You to ossipena For This Useful Post:
Posts: 395 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on May 2010 @ TMO
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
I have been wishing this since I realized that N8's camera module plus fcam api isn't too long shot at all....

e: the test is btw ridiculous. the guy is comparing automatic exposure programs (that you can switch and compensate multiple EV's with dslrs....)
But automated exposure is what you chose when there's a sudden scene - a momental scene, let's say - unless you'd like to fiddle with EV's and when you shoot the scene has passed.

It's also the option most people use.

Posts: 333 | Thanked: 153 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ blah blah
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
e: the test is btw ridiculous.

absolutely agreed

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by rickysio View Post
But automated exposure is what you chose when there's a sudden scene - a momental scene, let's say - unless you'd like to fiddle with EV's and when you shoot the scene has passed.
wrong. how hard is it to lock the exposure for example? it takes about 0,02 secs if canon hasn't replaced the * button e: since 350D........

ee: and I did see 0 photos that were snapshots from a quick situation in the test btw. castles don't run afaik
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Last edited by ossipena; 2010-10-04 at 11:33.

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
i bought a canon 550d last month just before i went to morocco and the 18mp images are awesome, but i am just a point and shoot user, was surprised to find the camera actually works properly, unlike every phone ive ever owned!
to me that would be the major difference
some pics i shot:
http://leetut.deviantart.com/gallery/