The Dutch poet Ruben van Gogh (1967) has recently finished his libretto for the opera ‘Vlammen’ (Flames), which he completely wrote on his N810.

Writing this libretto on the N810 has turned out to be ideal in the writing process, while matching the speed of thinking and writing.
Largely written in the open-air, on the terrace of a hotel-restaurant in Utrecht, this is the first full opera which was completely written on a mobile device. Japan has its GMS-authors, the Netherlands now have their mobile librettist.

“Flames - De Lier and the world” is an opera in four actes, with music by Dutch composer Bob Zimmerman and wil be conducted four times in november. ‘Flames’ follows the fortunes of the Priva-holding (climate-control) in De Lier, the nearby Camp Scheffer, which in turn served as a military radarstation and asylum center, and a mysterious narrator with four beautiful muses.
Starting off in 1959 with the introduction of the so-called ‘plofkachels’ (petrol-stoves) for greenhouses in the Dutch greenhouse-area Westland, the opera ends in 2024 with a mythical aportheose, symbolizing the battle against the rising water.
The opera is the final opera of the 11-core-opera project in municipality Westland. In 2009 each of the eleven villages got their own opera. Ruben van Gogh and Bob Zimmerman have also written the opera in January - by van Gogh on different devices.

Nokia N810, OS2008 using Abiword 2.7.6-0hub3, April-July 2009

http://rubenvangogh.nl
http://11kernenopera.nl

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RvanGogh For This Useful Post:
bravissimo! and congratulations!

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Impressive, I must say. I would have developed severely hard skin on my thumbs doing that though.
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following User Says Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Thanks. My thumbs are okay, though I'm happy I didn't had to compose the music...