http://youtube.com/watch?v=uiiUQxSUNmY

wtf is up with that???

thanks for the "random stuff" requested video dude.

Originally Posted by kingka View Post
...thanks for the "random stuff" requested video dude.
Your welcome, if there is something more specific let me know I'll give it a try.

I notice that many internet sites that use anything orther than plain html, in exess, perform below average. Pages like forums, here for example, are a struggle to use sometimes.

I have fast fast internet here, same pages I goto on my sony vaio load much faster than the n810.

Last edited by Karwee; 2007-11-24 at 00:02.

I'm beginning to think that the reason all these requested sites that we wanted shown on the m810 wasnt shown was because of the slow/lagging or non performance...

I noticed you were testing out some flash games..

can you do another test. with this game?
I figured this would be a good game to play on the n810 using the touch screen...

http://www.2flashgames.com/fullscreen.php?id=231

if you don't have time to make a quick vid. you can just post your results here. I just ordered mine about 20 mins before your video was posted. so, I must admit i'm a little disappointed.

Originally Posted by kingka View Post
...can you do another test. with this game?
I figured this would be a good game to play on the n810 using the touch screen...

http://www.2flashgames.com/fullscreen.php?id=231
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZ1aIurvWKk

This simple flash game worked ok, it was nowhere near as choppy/slow/laggy as some other flash games. It kinda didn't fit in the browser to see the whole board.

It probably has something to do with the way the flash is programed. Some may be more optimized than others. Or possibly the version of flash on the Nokia doesn't support something as well as a desktop verison of flash would.

Last edited by Karwee; 2007-11-24 at 05:15.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Who do you blame though? 400mhz Processor from Nokia or Adobe?

Just having bought one, I just hope that the AJAX support on websites has improved.

Posts: 1,878 | Thanked: 646 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ San Jose, CA
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Who do you blame though? 400mhz Processor from Nokia or Adobe?

Just having bought one, I just hope that the AJAX support on websites has improved.
Personally? I blame idiot webmasters who write their entire web sites in flash :-)

A specific app, sure. An entire site? No. The greater/general site should be in plain HTML, and accessible to any HTML standard compliant browser. It's only specific web-based applications/games/tools that should be entirely in flash or AJAX.

I felt that way LONG before I got an N800 though.

The Following User Says Thank You to johnkzin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Also, remember that Youtube is like 15fps max.. so watching Youtube of a Youtube video is going to be suboptimal and you just plain won't see most of the frames anyways.. so you're probably down to 10 or 8fps, so I wouldn't use a Youtube video to judge Youtube performance.

Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
It's not the N810 that's at fault for slow flash performance; it's a capable piece of hardware. The weak flash performance issue lies in two separate locations.

1) Part of the fault lies with Adobe. The flash runtime is impressive in capability, but needs very fast computers to do normal things. It seems that all popular client-side in-browser environments currently suffer from some form of inefficiency.

2) Part of the fault lies with flash developers. Unfortunately, developers often use their beefy systems as a benchmark for the speed at which things should run. The result is inefficient code. In most cases, there are a number of things that can be done that cut down significantly on processing times. Good flash developers realize this, and the not-as-good-developers don't.

We should be happy that the N810 can view flash at all! It is one of the few (if not only) ultra mobiles that can do it. In the future, the coming IT will likely upgrade to OMAP-3430, which has a 1Ghz rate, and a number of chip/bus enhancements that will yield higher speeds with flash. The speed increase, while noticeable, will likely not be night and day different from the current tablet.

}:^)~
YARR!

Capt'n Corrupt

that actually worked pretty decent. the link I sent you was actually the full screen version of the game. the original version shouldn't take up the entire screen like that. and runs faster on a pc. so judging on how that version played. the original version should be alot better. oh well. I guess I'll have to play around with it once I get mine next week. thanks for all your help man.

Originally Posted by Karwee View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZ1aIurvWKk

This simple flash game worked ok, it was nowhere near as choppy/slow/laggy as some other flash games. It kinda didn't fit in the browser to see the whole board.

It probably has something to do with the way the flash is programed. Some may be more optimized than others. Or possibly the version of flash on the Nokia doesn't support something as well as a desktop verison of flash would.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Welcome to the internet over handheld devices.