Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Hey all.

So yeah, I'm more than happy with everything that's currently available for the Nokia, but thought I might as well make a request while this forum is still active.

I haven't really looked at any open source games, but if I were to have only one request, it would be for Yoda Soccer to be ported.

All of you Star Wars nuts can keep your Darth Vader Underoos on, it's not what you're thinking.

Here's a screenshot:

And here is their webpage.
http://yodasoccer.sourceforge.net/

This version was basically inspired by the amazing and most charming game called Sensible Soccer if any of you can remember back that far.

Any takers?

Qwerty? Bundyo? Ukki? OSEmutech? ArnimS? Reggie? GeneralAntilles? Pushwall?

I can remember that far back. Pretty impressive for it's day, though I never played it all that much.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
As much as it would be nice:
details.

REQUIREMENTS (RECOMMENDED)
1) Linux (hardware acceleration needed)
- 1 Ghz processor
- 128MB RAM
- DirectX/OpenGL compatible Video Card 64MB RAM
Those reqs seem a bit exaggerated though. I'll try compiling anyway

Last edited by qwerty12; 2008-03-28 at 21:36.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Impressive; I don't recall having anywhere near those specs on my system when Sensible came out.

Bloat is a beautiful thing, no?

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Hey qwerty butt!

Sorry about the request, I didn't even bother to look at the specs needed to run this puppy.

I just figured that it ran all zippy like the original version did and wouldn't require that much horse power to get it going.

Well, any luck on this or did it take a big meaty dump on you when trying to compile?

Thanks!

Posts: 48 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Chicago, IL
Sensible Soccer was just released for Xbox360 (live arcade), I played it, it's actually pretty good. Reminds me of the good ole' Kick Off for the Amiga.

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Tehran-Iran
yeah i want soccer games too

please Fifa 08 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

is it possible?

But Thinking About A 64 GB !!!!

Os 2008 Chinook,I Have't Trust To Diablo!??

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by Addison View Post
Hey qwerty butt!

Sorry about the request, I didn't even bother to look at the specs needed to run this puppy.

I just figured that it ran all zippy like the original version did and wouldn't require that much horse power to get it going.

Well, any luck on this or did it take a big meaty dump on you when trying to compile?

Thanks!
Lol,

I took a look at the code and it's written in BlitzMax BASIC - you have to pay for the compiler and it's not opensourced so I would be unsure on how to make an ARM binary.

Maybe a proper developer could take a look but I don't see much hope.

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
Actually they are working on an alternative open source version written from scratch.
They gave the announcement (on the web page) 1 year ago stating, in the forum, that it'd took almost one year to have a comple working game engine.
So I think we need to wait for the GPLed version.