Posts: 332 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ St. Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago
I have a problem with Application Manager in OS2008 on my N800.

When I "Show installed applications", it says "(no applications installed)".

When I "Browse installable applications", it says "(no aplications available)".

When I "Check for Updates", it says "(no updates available)".

I have a terrible habit of following instructions on ITT blindly, then forgetting what I did, but I haven't done that much to OS2008, except install some applications (Maemo Mapper, Canola, Leafpad, Claws, maybe a few more). Plus I followed the instructions in the thread about fixing the Extras repositary.

I noticed the problem after I just failed to install vncviewer from the deb file.

Any suggestions where to start, or even what files to look at.

And when did I become a Senior Member? I always thought the Senior Members knew everything there is to know. I'm a disgrace to the 'hood.
  • two magic OTG USB adapters
  • crossed fingers

Last edited by dormant; 2008-02-05 at 02:53.

Does disabling debfarm in your Application Catalog... list, then refreshing your application list resolve the problem?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eee.c For This Useful Post:
Posts: 8 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Montreal
I just ran into the same problem and disabling debfarm did the trick. Thanks.

Posts: 332 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ St. Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago
Originally Posted by eee.c View Post
Does disabling debfarm in your Application Catalog... list, then refreshing your application list resolve the problem?
Yes!

Thank you so much.
  • two magic OTG USB adapters
  • crossed fingers

Hi I have a similar problem. When I browse installable applications it says "Refreshed: Never (no applications available)." When I click on "ok" to refresh application list a screen saying "Downloading 1kb" pops up but nothing happens. Eventually when I click cancel it says "Refresh operation cancelled. Last refreshed list is shown."
I don't seem to have debfarm in applications catalogue. I am using OS2008 on a N800. Thanks

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Germany - Munich
I'm maintaining debfarm. If you encounter problems with this repository, PM me.

If it's a packaging issue, I'll fix it quickly (On the 5th Februrary it was the case when I packaged mediainfo and it was fixed in a few hours)

For bandwidth problem, I'm dependent on the hosting service quality..

Burtplan, look in the menu (something like tools, log )

Thanks Free

The log shows lots of messages saying "W: Couldn't stat source package" and gives details of the packages, starting with catalogue.tableteer.nokia.com chinook/user Packages and so on.

At the end of the log it says "W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems.

So I'm off to search for this. At the moment it means nothing to me

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Germany - Munich
Originally Posted by burtplan View Post
Thanks Free

The log shows lots of messages saying "W: Couldn't stat source package" and gives details of the packages, starting with catalogue.tableteer.nokia.com chinook/user Packages and so on.
Couldn't stat source package list.
The package manager wants to check if new packages are present. It looks in its current list (which it doesn't have in your case because it failed previously) and compares to the remote list (which makes your app manager hangs). As you canceled the previous try, you get the message.
At the end of the log it says "W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems.
These are warning because nokia did not sign their package list with the correct key so you are not sure you are really downloading what nokia's people have done or something else in case their repository has been compromised.
So I'm off to search for this. At the moment it means nothing to me
In short:
1)Disable the repository that makes your app manager hang. Go in the menu -> Catalogue list, search for the problematic repository (tableteer at the moment) and disable it.
2)Retry
3)If still doesn't work, goto 1)
4)Be happy

Last edited by free; 2008-02-28 at 21:13.

Can anyone tell me how do what is listed here? Just ran into the problem after doing an upgrade and now I'm sorry I did. This is a basic N800 with no added features.

Nokia for Dummies

I'm afraid that Free's suggestion hasn't worked for me yet. Probably because I'm new to all this. I have tried disabling the repositories that the application manager log says are causing a problem and nothing happens. The Internet Tablet School site has a good easy to understand section on what to do if the application catalogue is broken.

http://tabletschool.blogspot.com/200...lling-new.html

However I still can't get the problem sorted. The repositories that come up in the log the most are the Nokia ones which came installed ie Nokia catalogue (http://catalogue.tableteer.nokia.com/certified/ and Nokia Catalogue (3rd party software). I'm finding that I can install virtually no applications from the Nokia and Maemo site.

I'm wondering whether I could delete the entire catalogue and reinstall from www.gronmayer.com/it ?