Active Topics

Notices

Hello,
some days ago I designed a theme for canola (using Canola Theme Maker: it's a wonderful web app!), and now I decided to try to design a theme for os 2008. I found something about "Theme Maker" by Konttori (http://konttoristhoughts.blogspot.co...eme-maker.html), but I didn't understand a step: how can i launch the app? (I have java installed on my Windows Vista computer, but it doesn't open *.jar files..).
Use "Theme Maker" is the simplest way to make a theme for Maemo?
Thank you very much
Luke

Posts: 315 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ €@$T Montreal Quebec Canada
here a more complete way to make a more ''complete theme''

http://synthesize.us/Maemo_themes/Modification_HOWTO

Enjoy
French Noob

BorgTheme ¤ BorgSounds ¤ BorgStartUp ¤ BorgClock

I saw your how to, but if possible I'd prefer creating my theme using an app, like Theme Maker, so, anyone can help me {my problem: how can i launch Theme Maker app (.jar file)}?
Thanks
Bye

Posts: 315 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ €@$T Montreal Quebec Canada
be shure you extract the .zip file
go to folder you have extract the .zip file
click on application
enjoy

(be shure java is installed on you machine too)
French Noob

Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
Here's the wiki.maemo.org version of Theme making instructions:

http://wiki.maemo.org/Making_themes

Tim

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to timsamoff For This Useful Post:
Posts: 24 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Washington State
Originally Posted by LABAUDIO View Post
be shure you extract the .zip file
go to folder you have extract the .zip file
click on application
enjoy

(be shure java is installed on you machine too)
I'm having the same issue. I did extract the .zip, and I installed a Java runtime update on my computer so that it would be able to open the app, and the app will run but as soon as I go to compile the theme into a .deb package, it freezes on 1%...

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
if it freezes there is an error like make sure you are using an icon template even if using default icons use default icon template

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Washington State
Originally Posted by andrewfblack View Post
if it freezes there is an error like make sure you are using an icon template even if using default icons use default icon template
Ah that mightve been it. I customized the Icon Template using the default one, making a layer, and overlaying my custom ones with the default then deleting the default layer, but I may have resized my custom ones incorrectly (it doesnt actually list anywhere what the individual icon size should be per Icon), so that may be causing the glitch. I'll try with the defaults.

Yep that was the issue. I also renamed my custom Icon file so that I would still have a backup of the original, instead of backing up the correctly way (I.E. Copying the original to a Backup folder then replacing the first one with my custom one having the same name). Thanks!

Last edited by InF3Kt4; 2009-05-24 at 00:51.

Originally Posted by InF3Kt4 View Post
Ah that mightve been it. I customized the Icon Template using the default one, making a layer, and overlaying my custom ones with the default then deleting the default layer, but I may have resized my custom ones incorrectly (it doesnt actually list anywhere what the individual icon size should be per Icon), so that may be causing the glitch. I'll try with the defaults.

Yep that was the issue. I also renamed my custom Icon file so that I would still have a backup of the original, instead of backing up the correctly way (I.E. Copying the original to a Backup folder then replacing the first one with my custom one having the same name). Thanks!
if you follow all step of the how to i post it up there, all this step replace the original icon by your custumized ones...but this way keep the original ones...

in fact whit this way, the original icon is renamed xxx.png.disturb...

if you uninstall the theme application you create it, all the original icons be renamed again simply xxx.png...

look this way man iam shure you get more efficient way like this to make and <<test<< you theme more fast and more easy

guru theme maker
French Noob