In a small effort to say "THANKS" to those who have offered guidance and help in the few questions I've asked for help on with figuring out my Nokia 770 (still have some questions, but I'm getting there), I thought the following may be of some interest to anyone looking to purchase a Kingston 2GB MMC Mobile card. I believe this is a good deal

BUY.COM has them for $29.99 with free BUDGET SHIPPING! Best price I've seen as of yet, and trust me, I've been looking. Actually, I did it through UPromise, so I get an extra 1% back for that, plus, being on my MC, another 1% back as well. I know, it's not much, but heck, it's something!

THEN, it says if you do NOT accept an offer for the magazine (it will come up automatically), you can do the rebate to get the equivalent $ amount, which is $10, refunded to you. (see rebate for details)

http://www.buy.com/prod/kingston-2gb...202807841.html (edited in 3rd post down, see that link if this is NOT showing the $29.99 price)

If you get the rebate, this makes it $19.99 with FREE S&H

Hopefully, this will help some people. I may not be able to help when it comes to figuring out the Nokia and answering others questions, but I can help with maybe providing a good deal on the MMC card.

Last edited by Eldemila; 2007-07-19 at 18:32.

From what I see, it doesn't have free shipping anymore.. nice try though.

They seemed to have sold out for now, and it appears they kick it to another seller, but if you go to this link:

http://www.buy.com/listing/sellerlis...02807841&buy=1

You'll see they have them for $29.99 and $0.00 for S&H

I ordered one this morning, this is how I found this out, but I guess others found out too. I'd just keep checking back and see if they get any more in, or just place the order, when they get them back in stock, they'll ship to you.

but I thought 770 required rs-mmc and not mmcmobile

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by jrock2004 View Post
but I thought 770 required rs-mmc and not mmcmobile
You thought wrong.

I just wikipedia it and see they are the same. Thanks

I had wondered when I first got the Nokia what the difference was on the cards and found this:

What's the difference between MMCmobile, RS-MMC & DV RS-MMC
Date: Thursday 15 December, 2005

Author:

The 3 card formats, MMCMobile, RS-MMC & DV RS-MMC are so alike there is often confusion about the differences between them. We hope the following facts help to clear up your doubts about the differences between these cards.

Article Content:

The Main Differences are as Follows

DV RS-MMC is the same as a standard RS-MMC, but with dual voltage capability.

MMC Mobile has 13 contact pins rather than 7 used in RS-MMC and DV RS-MMC.

MMC Mobile has been designed for the latest generation of mobile phones and is manufactured according to the new MMC4.1 spec, allowing it to reach a potential maximum of up to 52MB/s. Great for high megapixel camera phones!

Dual Voltage RS-MMC and RS-MMC are only capable of 2.5MB/s transfer rate.

MMCplus™ and MMC Mobile™ Cards, based on the latest MMC System Specification Version 4.0, are the most advanced memory cards available today, offering the highest transfer speeds (up to 52MB/sec, or 416 Mbits/sec), and the greatest flexibility, including support for dual-voltage operation (1.8 and 3/3.3V), and multiple bus widths (x1, x4 and x8 bit).While the new cards have 13 pins to accommodate the additional features, they are backwards compatible with previous version MMCs (7-pins), thus bridging the mobile storage applications of yesterday, today and tomorrow.

ok so are we when saying that MMC mobile and RS-MMC can bot work on 770?

I see the $29 + $0 S&H on the link above, but when I add it to my cart, the buy.com site rings it up as $48.84.

Then I reclicked the link to reload the price search, and the result shows $48.84 now instead of $29

I guess they changed it just as I was looking at it! boooo!

Sorry, oh well, hope some of you got in on this deal! Not sure why the prices jumped. I'd check it again and again, it's what I did and just happened to stumble on it. Funny thing is I had 2 sitting in my cart at $29.99.

Wonder if someone made an error at Buy.com - they now have the 1GB at $29.99 with free S&H