Active Topics

hi everyone,
I recently followed the instruction of playing 720p video on N900 I finished all of it but after I restarted my phone it won't boot up maemo. I tried to flash it but when I switch it on it reboot frequently after NOKIA logo now I can't do anything with it.
I'm using Windows 8 x64 it might be the problem with flashing!

thanks,

The Following User Says Thank You to don.abdalla For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Quick reply...
Have you seen Issues with 64-bit Windows and Workarounds?
Best wishes.

Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
Quick reply...
Have you seen Issues with 64-bit Windows and Workarounds?
Best wishes.
I tried 2 options but the problem here is why N900 don't boot to flash mode

The Following User Says Thank You to don.abdalla For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
Recipe: 1. Smash phone against the wall. 2. Smash head against the wall. 3. Repeat 1 and 2 as necesary but by all means, 4, stay away from google!. Stay away from it.

The Following User Says Thank You to anthonie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 131 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Netherlands
Very helpful post, antonie... </s>

N900 flash mode is pretty reliable (unless you messed up real good, but installing the 720p hack won't brick it beyond repair), so I'm guessing it's probably the Windows installation that's keeping you back.

Make a Linux live CD/USB.
I think (though I am not sure) that if you're bandwidth-limited, you can use DSL. If you're not, just use a standard Debian live image.
http://wiki.debian.org/DamnSmallLinux

The Following User Says Thank You to ffha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
@ ffha

I understand why you would say that. Having said that, have a quick look through OP's postings here on the board. I can not come to any other conclusion than that OP has willingly brought the harm to his device, carefully ignoring big bad bold lettered warnings in red and now looks for another idiot to clean up the mess.

I keep saying it: Anyone who shows at least a little bit of effort in solving their problems and then goes asking questions when it doesn't work, any person like that generally can count on my sympathy.

hey guys thanks very much for interest for helping me but I solved the problem and it was about the OS I installed VMware and installed windows XP sp3 and flashed my n900 successfully

Posts: 266 | Thanked: 156 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ India
ok in future if u need help u can refer my post

Posts: 102 | Thanked: 140 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Israel
Already did it once. Basically the method for Win7 64-bit works but you need to temporarily disable driver signature enforcement otherwise the libusb driver won't install.