Active Topics

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Spokane, WA.
It seems that after I copy a file to my 770 via USB, I have to reboot the 770 to see the file. Anyone else see this?

I use my Linux laptop, running Kubuntu and KDE 3.5, to copy a file. When I unplug the USB cable, the 770 says Memory Card Detected, mounts it, but the file I just copied is not there. If I plug the USB cable back in, I can see the file from my laptop.

Anyone have any ideas as to what would be causing this?

I have repartitioned the card into a vfat and swap partition, if that makes any difference, but I have not seen anyone else mention this phenomenon.

Are you unmounting it from linux before you yank the cable out? I've also used sync.

-Jason

Originally Posted by Chainsaw76
Are you unmounting it from linux before you yank the cable out? I've also used sync.
I do make sure to unmount before I pull the USB cable. I have not tried running sync.

Posts: 155 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ central georgia, usa
When I have the file manager open, I have to select another folder and then switch back to the MMC to get the view to update.

I've noticed this as well, but only a few times.
The files just don't seem to exists, or so says the 770 (not in file manager, and not even if you try checking the /media/mmc1 directory from xterm). I use the 770 with a mac, and unmount it always before unplugging the usb cable.

And the files are on the mmc, if I connect the device to my computer. Never have tried rebooting, though.

running sync seems to work. I've resorted to running sync then unmount, and tend to see the problem less.

I do not have the problem on my OpenSuSE box, which is running KDE 3.0, but I do see it on my Kubuntu box which is running KDE 3.5. KDE 3.5 has it's own hotplug daemon, so you have turn off the kernel's daemon. Are others who are seeing this problem running KDE 3.5?