Posts: 631 | Thanked: 837 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Milton, Ontario, Canada
I've got an N800 running the official OS 2008 release. Has anyone else noticed that having accounts defined (googletalk, SIP, etc) dramatically reduces the standby time of the device? With all accounts disabled, the projected "6-7 days" of standby time shown by the battery meter is fairly accurate... with any kind of IM/SIP account enabled though that drops to about 2-3 days of non use. I suppose this makes sense since the N800 is obviously doing some active seeking to keep the connections established. Anyone else encountered this?
I may be a bit of an exception because there are many points in the day when my N800 will be associated with a wireless AP that does not have internet access, so the accounts are continually trying to connect which may be drawing more power. Does anyone know if there's a way to alter this behaviour? I know the OS automatically tries to connect accounts when a new wifi connection is made, and automatically doesn't bother anymore if a wifi connection isn't present... but is there a way to make it so that after it connects to an AP it will only retry say like 5 or 10 times rather than continuously?

The Following User Says Thank You to jolouis For This Useful Post:
Same here. And I don't have that problem if i use Pigeon instead of the build in Messenger...