Active Topics

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Greece
Does anyone know if nokia has a schedule on releasing new firmwares for internet tablet pc's ?

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by salida View Post
Does anyone know if nokia has a schedule on releasing new firmwares for internet tablet pc's ?
Yes?
______

may i ask when the next firmware version is coming ?
and what updates will include ??

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Nobody outside of Nokia knows when the next firmware will be released or what will be in it.

It's probably not the most enlightened way to run development but it does mean Nokia can't be held accountable if they miss their date (which they haven't revealed) or are unable to ship a promised feature (which nobody knew about in the first place). Personally I would rather have a tentative date (eg. late November) along with some tentative new features and fixes with a cast iron understanding that the date might slip and some features might be dropped. But that's just me.

I agree with you Milhouse. I would love to have a tentative date. I imagine their developers hate giving dates though. If they are anything like the engineering team I have to work with, dates are taboo. For the same reasons you mentioned.

yes, you are both right. Althought i didn't ment a specific date like 8/19/07.
I ment a date like all linux releases that they say :

November 2007 Alpha stage 1
December 2007 Alpha stage 2
January 2008 Beta release
February 2008 final release

Last edited by salida; 2007-09-26 at 17:21.