Active Topics

Notices

Anyone know how to change mediaplayer's streaming buffer size?

The Following User Says Thank You to nightfire For This Useful Post:
Posts: 127 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Ipswich, Uk
I'd like to know to... as when streamin on my home network after five mins of clean stream my N900 starts to buffer... and again streaming internet radio when im in the car... this buffers alot too

Or for me is there a route i can go down and change the player for a better on that does what the default one does but streams cleanly?.

Loz.

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California
I'd like to know too...

Posts: 189 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
yes, i want to know also.
I have the same problem!

Is there at least a way to stop the media player just stopping randomly, requiring you to press play again?

Then there is the problem of it randomly deciding that what you've just been listening to is actually an unsuported format.

And also, the one I really hate is when it stops, sometimes it doesn't start back up again at all, and nothing will play without a restart. Then it goes back to normal.

Last edited by kyllerbuzcut; 2011-02-19 at 09:36.

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Ipswich, Uk
Originally Posted by kyllerbuzcut View Post
Is there at least a way to stop the media player just stopping randomly, requiring you to press play again?

Then there is the problem of it randomly deciding that what you've just been listening to is actually an unsuported format.

And also, the one I really hate is when it stops, sometimes it doesn't start back up again at all, and nothing will play without a restart. Then it goes back to normal.
These are my exact problems with the media player... is there anyone with even half a solution to any of the questions posed here???

Posts: 209 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Alexandria,Egypt
same problem

Is this really possible? It will be a good thing to have. I too don't like videos to be buffering again and again or getting stuck or stopping randomly. This is very annoying. But how can we change the buffer size of a media player. I just hope that there comes up a solution like this. access control systems

Last edited by my memo; 2011-02-23 at 21:16.

Almost a year late but is there any solution to this issue? I can stream internet radio on 2g but my signel is all over the place so being able to increase the buffer size would be ideal!

What file would I need to edit to change the size? I see there is a entry on bugzilla, could this be implemented in the CSSU?