Active Topics

Posts: 298 | Thanked: 197 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Norway
I have multiple times tried to find a solution for what i should use for 3D, but this time i have to be sure that there is no way to use it, so that i can move on with something existing.
So, i downloaded the Pyglet source an built it on the device. I know, this doesnt give automatic support or anything, but its a start. Thing is that i can import all the modules from Pyglet, but when i try to use a OpenGL sample, it fails. What i need is a header containing commands for OpenGL. Originally, it looks for a header at /usr/include/glx.h or similar. This is not present on N900, where the folder is empty. (Space-optimization?)
So, is there a OpenGL ES-header in place of the missing OGL one?
If there isnt, scream it out loud, i dont want to waste my time on something that wont do.

PS: I am speaking of Python.

EDIT: Does gl2.h and egl.h have to do with OpenGL ES?
The xlib_wrapper contains linking to those files. Do they contain what is needed to render 3D?
...but i cant find them, anyone have any idea where i can find them so that i can examine them?

Last edited by Nokia 5700; 2010-10-08 at 11:10.

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB

I am looking at using a more OpenGL-biased engine, the xlib_wrapper just doesnt contain enough stuff about OpenGL, it doesnt even have a matrix-function, translate, scale or rotate.
Pyglet was referred to by the creator of xlib_wrapper, so i wanted to have a try, and its obviously much better for 3D.

Opengl ES 1.1 headers are found from libgles1-sgx-img-dev and 2.0 from libgles2-sgx-img-dev. Actual files are /usr/include/GLES/gl.h and /usr/include/GLES2/gl.h.

But don't really understand why do you need C headers if you are working in python.

Well, the thing is this:
Pyglet is in fact a wrapper just like xlib_wrapper. It needs to fetch stuff from the header in order to know how to work with OpenGL ES.
Thats how the default OpenGL module on computers work, too.
How else can it be working with the APIs on the host computer? :P

It seems like the headers arent present on my phone or in the repositories (I have devel activated.)...
How do you get them?

Last edited by Nokia 5700; 2010-10-09 at 14:33.

all -dev packages are in sdk repository, but I think that sgx packages are in "restricted" part of the repository which requires you to accept Nokia EULA (I think it was done when installing SDK) so I cannot give you direct link.

Sorry I didn't realise that pyglet has automatic wrapper generation.

http://maemo.org/packages/view/libgles2-sgx-img-dev/
http://maemo.org/packages/view/libgles1-sgx-img-dev/

Yes, thats true about it being in the restricted area. (Tried fetching it, but failed.)
So how can i get it? Installing the SDK?