Active Topics

hello , i am don't much about anything but i am looking for scratch my own itch and try do some desktop/workspace indicator ( when you change workspace/desktop show a number/name of the current new one )

now i need know where i can get the event of the change of workspace/desktop my question is :

is workspace/desktop feature is a X thing or is the Desktop Enviroment/Window manager the responsible of this ( i think it is )

can somebody point me where search/look; i read a bit the xlib doc and don't find any clue ( maybe is there but i dont see it )

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
I'll assume you mean the current desktop, as the N900 doesn't have the idea of workspaces.

The GConf key /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/views/current tells you the current desktop number. GConfClient includes functions for being notified when a key changes.

Alternatively, if you're using Qt, look at sampaa's desktop-counter widget. It's written in Qt and also monitors that key.

Last edited by qwerty12; 2010-05-20 at 12:50. Reason: "current"! Sorry!

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
can you give me the link of the app , i dont find it.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Ah, sorry. http://repository.maemo.org/extras-d.../swipecounter/ is the thing I'm thinking about.