Active Topics

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
I found this review of Nokia 770 at Tom's Hardware... (I know many people don't like Tom's Hardware much, but I think they did make pretty good and truthful review of 770.)

http://www.mobilityguru.com/2006/07/...iny_nokia_770/

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
"Nokia's 770 Internet tablet fits - not necessarily neatly - in the middle, in terms of size, price and features"

I really do breathe a sigh of relief when reviewers 'get it'. Great review though, lots of positive points, lots of negative points.

... and it's not a phone.

Yeah... the reviewer seem to have understood its main purpose quite well. However, if you look at the discussion board member comments they do not seem to have a clue... Obviously none of them actually own this device and are very expert on telling why it sucks...

Posts: 207 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ Texas
Originally Posted by Mara
Yeah... the reviewer seem to have understood its main purpose quite well. However, if you look at the discussion board member comments they do not seem to have a clue... Obviously none of them actually own this device and are very expert on telling why it sucks...
They had far too much insight to not have used the 770--unless I am missing something and they pulled all the screen shots off the web somewhere. It is very, very hard to be subjective after you own something. In any event, I thought this statement really summed it up well:

It's impossible to fit the Nokia 770 into a neat category; think of it as a shrunken Linux notebook with a touch screen instead of a keyboard and you'll see the potential and the drawbacks of this innovative device.

The Following User Says Thank You to Odin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Odin
They had far too much insight to not have used the 770--unless I am missing something and they pulled all the screen shots off the web somewhere. It is very, very hard to be subjective after you own something. In any event, I thought this statement really summed it up well:
Hmm... I guess I did not make myself clear... I ment that the reviewer did understand the 770, but the discussion forum members do not have a clue... Link to thread:
http://forumz.tomshardware.com/mobil...pict47539.html

Last edited by Mara; 2006-07-19 at 18:41.