Active Topics

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
A friend of mine today asked me (because he said "he knew I was a Nokia guy" - I have to mind my reputation...) something about his brand new N97:

He claims he can only put one RSS-feed into a widget. Following more than 20 feeds, there's no way for him to have them all on his home screen. (Limited space.)

What he wants to have and what he knows works on my N810:
One widget that simply displays the newest headlines from all of the feeds he subscribed to.

When he first asked me on the phone I was sure he'd gotten it all wrong and nobody, not even Nokia, could deliver such a braindead interface. Now that I did some research I know: they can. It's exactly what they did. One feed per widget.

There are Howto-articles on the web that actually recommend working with Yahoo! pipes to turn all the feeds into one and subsribe to this one feed then... Sure.

My question:

Is there any alternative, third party widget that will simply display the most recent headlines from all the subscribed feeds? I searched store.ovi.com, but to my utter suprise, it seems this one time they don't offer a whole bunch of viable solutions there.