Notices

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Philadelphia
So the built in photo viewer does not show me camera photos, and when I select "camera default folder" it says no images.

So when I open up file manager and go to /home/user/MyDocs/DCIM there's images in there. But the photo viewer just says no images in the camera default folder even though images are clearly there when I manually point the viewer to that folder.

What exactly in this camera default folder? I mean my images are saved in /home/user/MyDocs/DCIM by default but apparently it's not the default folder? How do I set the default folder?

The Following User Says Thank You to feuxfollets For This Useful Post:
Posts: 310 | Thanked: 202 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ireland
Same here, I've tried renaming DCIM to camera but when I take a photo, The phone sets up a new DCIM. I'm sure this wasn't always the case though. Maybe one of the firmware updates screwed it up.

Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
The image viewer does not search for files but it asks
tracker instead. You can test which files tracker knows to be in this folder:
In xterm enter:
tracker-meta-folder -p /home/user/MyDocs/DCIM File:Name

this should list the files known by tracker for this folder.

nicolai

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
Like Nikolai said the image viewer uses tracker to find the photos, that it isn't seeing them suggests there is a problem with tracker, or likely its database. Run "tracker-processes -r" in the terminal, this will kill the running tracker processes and delete its databases, give it about 5 minutes (may be less) for the tracker process to restart itself and rebuild its database.

The Following User Says Thank You to retsaw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Esfahan, Iran
I have the same problem, but "tracker-processes -r" didn't work for me. my problem started when I reflashed my device with maemo-flasher. anybody knows what should I do to resolve this problem??

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 274 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by javadz_1385 View Post
I have the same problem, but "tracker-processes -r" didn't work for me. my problem started when I reflashed my device with maemo-flasher. anybody knows what should I do to resolve this problem??
Did you flash both eMMC and rootfs? If you didn't flash both.