Active Topics

So you buy a new N9 from a local distributor (and yes I am back) and the box (though not sealed) has a sticker suggesting it has never been opened.
In the box you don't find manuals/guides and the silicon sleeve (which I thought was part of the package) but the phone is sealed.
After you turn on the N9 it takes ages to come alive (most likely a completely dead battery) but after it does it shows an animating background on home screens. Never seen this, found out this is part of Home Screen settings app. I also see some other apps on the application screen I would not have expected on a brand new N9
When opening the Maps application I am directed to a previous location known within the Maps app.
Don't think this is a new N9, what do you think?

The Following User Says Thank You to ridmaur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 231 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Tallinn, Estonia
Seems like used or refurbished device.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Silwer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 545 | Thanked: 560 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ lebanon
it's not new but if you paid less 200$ than the deal is good . Anyway a full reflash is recommended to you . ( user manual is in the device and silicon cover should be in the box )

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to myname24 For This Useful Post:
The built-in apps may be there for a particular region. My brand new N9 came with some Vietnamese apps, because it was made in Vietnam. I had to delete them manually.

The Following User Says Thank You to ch88xy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ch88xy View Post
The built-in apps may be there for a particular region. My brand new N9 came with some Vietnamese apps, because it was made in Vietnam. I had to delete them manually.
It was made in China for Vietnamese market. I have such a device.

The Following User Says Thank You to patlak For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
home screen settings installed?

not new....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Retailers must be loving people like you

First you buy a new device, sell it away after a few months then buy another unit again as you miss it

Moral of the story; don't sell your N9s ever

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
You should read my earlier farewell story more thoroughly: you could have gathered from it that that unit has severe issues (SIM card suddenly stopped working). So I did not sell it.

Tags
nokia n9