Active Topics

Hello!

I have a problem.

i have a Nokia N900 since 6 months.

After installing some apps yesterday all my previously installed apps have dissapeard from the menu. If i try to click on any of the short cuts i had on the desktop they wont open. The same with(i don't know if this is the right word cause i have my N900 in Swedish) file manager, program manager or X-terminal. They wont open. I tried to update the phone, but OVI suite wont work either.

I thought i made a backup, but i cant find it.

I talked to nokia support and they told me to turn the phone off, hold down "U" on the keyboard and then put the USB cable in the phone.

"NOKIA" came up on the screen, though the screen is dark, and nothing more has happened for 20 minutes.

Please help!

Posts: 242 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ UK/Scotland
Originally Posted by Garillion View Post

I talked to nokia support and they told me to turn the phone off, hold down "U" on the keyboard and then put the USB cable in the phone.

"NOKIA" came up on the screen, though the screen is dark, and nothing more has happened for 20 minutes.

Please help!
looks like they have told you the first few steps to flash your device but not the rest....

here's the full set of instructions
http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_firmware

Cantonese Pen Power Input is only available in Hong Kong...SUX!

Posts: 463 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Mumbai, India
Originally Posted by Garillion View Post
Hello!

I have a problem.

i have a Nokia N900 since 6 months.

After installing some apps yesterday all my previously installed apps have dissapeard from the menu. If i try to click on any of the short cuts i had on the desktop they wont open. The same with(i don't know if this is the right word cause i have my N900 in Swedish) file manager, program manager or X-terminal. They wont open. I tried to update the phone, but OVI suite wont work either.

I thought i made a backup, but i cant find it.

Please help!
Flash your phone following the instructions on the link given by Ykho and that will clear all the problems you have.

Do flash your EMMC also since your having problems with official apps too..

Thanks for the fast reply´s.

I think this is to hard for me... I dont really understand all the things wrote in these instructions. Is it really the only way to make my dear phone work again?

Posts: 601 | Thanked: 549 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Redditch, UK
Before doing any of that open x-term and go

Code:
cd /home/user/MyDocs/backups
ls -a
If you are unable to change to that directory because it does not exist or if with the ls -a command you get no returns then you do not have a backup, unless you backed up using Ovi and sync'ed with your PC. If you are not bothered about your apps then re-flash the whole thing, eMMC first then fiasco (both images available from the Nokia Tablets Dev site, linked in the Wiki), HOWEVER I would suggest that you use the N900's own backup function / app first, so that you have all your contacts, settings and calendar backed up at least to restore from.

Posts: 242 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ UK/Scotland
have a look at this set of instructions

http://mynokiablog.com/2010/01/03/ho...et-nokia-n900/

but remember to download the image for PR1.3 and not PR1.2, you will also need to change the command in the flasher aswell

Cantonese Pen Power Input is only available in Hong Kong...SUX!

i cant open X-terminal...

if you do have a problem feel free to let us know....

can u open the default backup application on ur fone?

Originally Posted by funkmunk View Post
can u open the default backup application on ur fone?
Where do i do that again?