Active Topics

Ive recently purchased a N800 and its really wierd that this open source device can play RealAudio and WMA but not ogg...

So im wondering can you play OGG at the N800?

mplayer will play ogg files; not a clean solution, but better then nothing. ogg while an open standard is not a widely used standard yet unlike the others you mention.

Originally Posted by bac522 View Post
mplayer will play ogg files; not a clean solution, but better then nothing. ogg while an open standard is not a widely used standard yet unlike the others you mention.
MPlayer doesnt feel like a good player for that purpose.

Originally Posted by Olof View Post
MPlayer doesnt feel like a good player for that purpose.
Look for a program called "Oggplay" - I can't remember which repository I got it from. It was originally written for the 770, but works fine on the 800.

R.
==

Since the N800's media players are mainly based upon gstreamer porting the gstreamer ogg plugin should be the only thing we need.

rickh: I found oggplay and installed it but it complained about libxau0 missing, do you know where i can find it?

Lithorus: ok, if you find it ported tell me

Last edited by Olof; 2007-03-20 at 00:06.

Lithorus: ok, if you find it ported tell me
Trying to recompile it now...

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
rickh: I found oggplay and installed it but it complained about libxau0 missing, do you know where i can found it?
Here - Forum Search is a very handy tool...

Thanks, i downloaded the file and transfered it to my N800 but when i try to install it just says "Unable to install. Incompatible application package."

Thanks, i downloaded the file and transfered it to my N800 but when i try to install it just says "Unable to install. Incompatible application package."
Are you talking about the libxau0 file? The version I'm using was installed with the osso-xterm package. Install that first, then install oggplay and you should be good.

R.
==