The repository thing is a little confusing. Does it hurt to have to distributions of the same respository. Another words, if one were to have the Mistral and Gregale respositories installed for the Maemo Garage, would that cause a problem.

I looked at what I have installed and it is the Mistral version but it appears that with the latest official release firmware (4.2007.26-8) I should have the Gregale version.

Should I add the Gregale and delete the Mistral...or just add the Gregale.

By the way, I'm pretty happy with how the n800 is running now. It is pretty stable. However, there are a few programs that aren't playing so nice.

Canola and Exaile! appear to be having problems with the Python library so they can't see the MP3 files. With Canola it just doesn't work. With Exaile! I get an error message that says a python lib is missing...something like pythonCDDB which, from further research I found seems to be related to reading CD/MP3 info from files.

P.S. In my research I found these two websites with repository information.

http://maemo.org/community/wiki/appl...nrepositories/

http://www.gronmayer.com/n800/repos/index.php?lang=en

Last edited by ImDisaster; 2007-09-18 at 16:37.

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Albany, NY
I want the repository which contains ncurses-base, I can't find (whatever this is) it anywhere.

The only problem you'll have with a bunch of repositories, is when one goes down. It can be a ***** to figure out which one it is.

SEARCH! It's probably already been answered.

Originally Posted by barry99705 View Post
The only problem you'll have with a bunch of repositories, is when one goes down. It can be a ***** to figure out which one it is.
+1 on that.

Originally Posted by barry99705 View Post
Good point...learning that the hard way. Not just that...but if a repository is slow to respond, the whole repository refresh process fails and it goes back to the old list...not even showing the new repositories you just added.

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Germany - Munich
that's the behaviour of aptget on debian.
For those who are familliar with command line. open an xterm, become root and do apt-get update, it will give more detail.

easier way I just discovered:
in app manager, click on the drpdown menus,tools and then log

Last edited by free; 2007-09-21 at 11:24.