Originally Posted by oafbot
I had some spare time last night, so I worked on my rendition of everyon'e favorite penguin.

I put together 2 boot logos (replacements for the "booting nokia logo" and the "hands"). I also made a desktop to go with it.

here they are:

boot

boot-2

desktop

maybe, I'll work on some themes eventually...
Looks great! Did you draw them yourself?
Btw, why are you using the "Soviet Union" font on the desktop background?

Posts: 69 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Boston, Massachusetts
Originally Posted by ziggamon
Looks great! Did you draw them yourself?
Btw, why are you using the "Soviet Union" font on the desktop background?
Yes I did draw them myself. But I did look at other examples of Tux on the web as reference, since I never drew him before.

The Font on the desktop's called Gagarin. I've used it on one other project in the past (the project being on none other than yuri gagarin). Don't really have a good reason for using it on this little project other than it looks cool and sufficiently techie. I tried other fonts too, but this one went together the best with the hildon look.

Posts: 128 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Philadelphia, PA
Does anyone know if there is a way to change the NOKIA logo which is shown within the first few seconds before qgn_indi_startup_nokia_logo.png?

My guess is that this is hard coded into the ROM, and would need to be changed by recompiling the image after hacking it to insert a different boot graphic.

I hope I am being clear here.

I have successfully altered the "startup" and "hands" .pngs, but still when I boot up the device the first few seconds it displays the NOKIA logo before switching to my altered graphics files.

I do not have R&D mode enabled, so that is not the reason.

Anybody been able to change this?

It's not really important to me, but I would like to be able to change it if it is trivial to do so.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
My guess is also that it's hardcoded. But I'm interested in this as well.

Also, would you like to have the hands logo as part of the theme maker package?

Posts: 128 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Philadelphia, PA
yeah, that would be great!

also, it seems like using the theme.xml file and custom-made graphics one could rearrage the user interface to some degree (ie. making the taskbar/app launcher on the left smaller), right?

Anyone working on something like this? if not, I just may do it myself.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
From what I've undestood, you cannot change the size of the left panel, but OTOH, I haven't looked at 2006 xml that thoroughly really, so can't be sure. It would be great if you could check that.