Active Topics

Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Hi

Couple of weeks ago I got me a spare N9. The N9 was damaged, screen was cracked and accelometer was malfunctioning.

I had the phone fixed at Nokia care.

The problem now is, that the camera flash is not working and I would need to confirm that it is a hardware problem that they missed at the Nokia care and not something that I have messed up by tweaking the phone and should be able to fix by myself. I however don't know how to do that and really can't remember whether it was working right after I got it from Nokia Care.

I could of course just take it to Nokia care, but since I have tweaked the phone I probably need to flash it before taking it there to avoid them claiming it is my own fault. And I really wouldn't like to flash the phone, because I have just been able to tweak it perfect for me.

How could I somehow verify whether my problem is hw or sw related?

Flash is not coming on in Camera application, video or stills. Unrestricted system UI can't get it to work and neither does the Button monitor app. I have tried to reinstall all these.

I have also wondered through these, but not finding exact answer to my problem:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...t=camera+flash

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...t=camera+flash

Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Anyone can help?

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by Boxeri View Post
Anyone can help?
Seems to be a hardware issue to me...

If you still want to try on the SW side of things do the following as root:
Code:
apt-get install camera-ui camera-ui-settings-001 gstreamer0.10-nokia-camera gstreamer0.10-nokia-videosrc gstreamer0.10-nokia-videosrc2 libomap3camd libqcamera1 --reinstall -y
In the above the camera-ui-settings-001 replace with your pr_legacy e.g. mine is pr_legacy 005 so i would do camera-ui-settings-005

The above contains packages that may not necessarily be responsible for the flash but since you want to cross out SW issues, the above is a good way to do so without flashing the device...

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Or just download a flashlight app from the Store and see if the LEDs work.. If they don't it's a hardware issue.