Active Topics

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Gold Coast, Australia
Can you answer me one question, all these apps in the repos that require different lot of dependencies for them to work I don't know any names just example im sure you have download an app that requires dependencies...

So have all these temp repos got every single dependencies that are required like the repo.maemo server holds?

If the answer is yes il close this thread because obviously there is an issue with the temp repos.

I don't need to show you an error in xterminal just imagine installing any app and it comes up

Example cleven... Cleven cant install depends on wireless-tools which will not be installed or something similar

Its not an issue with the repos I don't think its just that these repos don't host all the required files like the official site holds..

Anyway ive put my n900 back in the drawn and now using my galaxy s3.

I cant help it if I cant work it out, that's why I come here.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lucas777 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Better it seems. I wondered why you are using an N900 anyway; if you seem to know jack sh*t about apt-get, apt-cache policy, package frontends, xterm, and so on. Also the S3 has some nice things of which some work better than under Maemo; so it should be an obvious choice for you (while it also presents some other f8cked-up issues - i f.e. couldn't imagine successfully managing Android packaging issues without ApkSpy, LocalAPK, Titanium Backup and PDroid at hand. Not to talk about all of them being wholly-contained - i count at least 4x busybox on my TP, 3 of them included in other software)

apt-cache policy suggests that wireless-tools should be in nokia repos (online) and in fremantle/tools repo (offline).

The list of catalogues enabled in application manager, as well as the exact message why the app wont install would be useful.

Originally Posted by michaaa62 View Post
Comment the lines in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/hildon-application-manager.list, that refer to repository.maemo.org (but make sure you have those repositories represented in your temporary file).
HAM update changes the entries in the hildon-application-manager.list.

Editing entries in the repository is made otherwise.

The system directories;
>Nokia Applications<
>Nokia System Software Updates<
>Ovi<
>maemo.org<

here
/usr/share/hildon-application-manager/catalogues/variant-catalogues.xexp

and for all cssu directories
here
/usr/share/hildon-application-manager/catalogues/community-ssu-catalogues.xexp

Only extras, extras-testing, extras-devel, and the rest can be changed in
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/hildon-application-manager.list.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pinochio For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Thanks a lot @pinochio!
The additional repositories went into sources.list, which is empty by default for apt-get usage only.
The commented lines are for use of apt-get only.

Thanks for making it clear, i did not clarify the default behaviour of HAM,surely my fault. Thanks!

This problem is not only with cleven and wireless-tools. I can't install some packages even from repositories.maemo.org. Here is a short list of packages and their broken dependencies:
nano-opt - libncursesw5
filebox - bzip2
fbreader - libzlibrary
wormux - libsdl-ttf2.0
The fact that their pages on maemo.org/packages exists doesn't means that they are exists. That pages is out of date.