Active Topics

Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Can N9 owners comment on the call quality with their phones and how it compares with their previous phone. I want to replace my iphone with N9 but want to make sure call quality good. I am especially interested on ATT in USA

Posts: 124 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Edmonton Canada
My call quality on the N9 is superb.. Came from an iPhone 4.. (had a lot of phones).

N9 is typical awesome Nokia call quality..

Comparing with iphone 4, on same att prepaid subsidy; N9 does seem to get a little bit better signal bar, and call is less choppy.

Posts: 199 | Thanked: 232 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sweden
Well, I live in Sthlm Swe and as you may or may not know Scandinavia has magical reception and coverage. Not even the iP4 will get dropped calls here (jk, it will!). But yes, when it comes to sound quality the N9 is the best I've ever had, ever!

Originally Posted by eMiL View Post
Well, I live in Sthlm Swe and as you may or may not know Scandinavia has magical reception and coverage. Not even the iP4 will get dropped calls here (jk, it will!). But yes, when it comes to sound quality the N9 is the best I've ever had, ever!
You guys do. We have to deal with a huge country and many uncovered areas.

Originally Posted by somedude View Post
Comparing with iphone 4, on same att prepaid subsidy; N9 does seem to get a little bit better signal bar, and call is less choppy.
How about clarity? my iphone 4 sucks in some areas, muffled, and I can barely understand what people are saying.

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
Sound quality for the phone: Clear, no distortions, not tinny, no problems so far.
For the speakers quality is good, but not loud enough to use as music speakers.
Earplug output seems cleaner and louder than holding the phone to my ear. This may however indicate that I'm beginning to get older.

Call quality: With Tmobile, the quality is as good as it can get. Comparing against a Nokia C7 or X7 and a HTC G2, the number of bars matches or exceeds. Calls are *not* randomly dropped.
But of course, this is Tmobile... those problems happen to iPhones on ATT :P
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

So is N900 call quality better than N9 call quality?

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
Originally Posted by Maeman View Post
So is N900 call quality better than N9 call quality?
Nope. The N9 is way ahead of the n900 as a phone.
As a tablet device or computer, however, the n900 is miles beyond anything else.
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.