Active Topics

Notices

Edit: sorry for changing the title. Same problem - just trying to get (targeted) help. The aac is contained within an flv file.
------
Original:

I am having some trouble with flv files obtained with rtsp.

Symptom: unable to play or convert file to an aac conainted within an flv container. File is audio only.

Steps leading up to problem:
- Find url, and download flv
- Download reports success.
- Attempt conversion/extraction from flv to aac, receive following ffmpeg output: "Unknown format" (with respect to the flv object)
- Media player sits on 5 dots (!!) and no action by MPlayer.
- Same problem irrespective of whether coversion is attempted as part of the download process, separately or not at all.

Notes:
- flv file exists (~173MB)
- At this stage I'm trying to ascertain what the source of the problem is. I am not sure whether it rests with rtmpdump, ffmpeg, or something else.
- ffmpeg, rtmpdump, mplayer and libwwwperl are those available in maemo.org repositories.
- no actual encoding is required, just transcoding (think that's what it's called): codecs remain the same but container changes file-type.
- converting flv videos seems to be less of a problem i.e. both a and v components convert to combined mp4, just fine.
- mplayer -identify says it's an aac object but also says no audio.

Below is the terminal output, which I've attached instead of pasting, to save bloating the thread!

Many thanks in advance for any assistance...
Attached Files
File Type: txt gip_output.txt (4.7 KB, 110 views)

Last edited by demolition; 2011-11-07 at 12:29. Reason: better title

is it a youtube video?

The Following User Says Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
is it a youtube video?
No. Source is BBC Radio (accessible worldwide AFAIK), though I think it's gone out of date now. See file with first post.

It could be the perl script that's doing the downloading (not likely) or compatability with the very old maemo versions of other components in the chain mentioned above.

To replicate:
- Install LWP, RTMPdump, ffmpeg and MPlayer from Maemo repositories.
- Download bundle of perl scripts.
- Move to Linux partition to decompress (e.g. /home/user). Not MyDocs.
- Make scripts executable and set cache permissions for user access.
- Look up and download audio programme (try here for page containing content).
- Attempt to play or convert, either automatically or manually ...

>> Post suggestions for cause of problem, to help define where the problem stems from.