Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 276 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ uk or @Pai,Mae Hong Son, Thailand
Question, is the first post in this string up-to-date?
Can I just install the packages in the instructions & start developing for the N900 (I have a laptop with Ubuntu installed).

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
To answer both questions:

Originally Posted by macey View Post
Question, is the first post in this string up-to-date?
Can I just install the packages in the instructions & start developing for the N900 (I have a laptop with Ubuntu installed).
Unfortunately, no; Nokia (or what's left of it) has withdrawn all support for the N900 and N9, including the sites to which those links were pointing.

Originally Posted by Xagoln View Post
foobar, does this mean that we can follow your directions to install a QtSDK that can build for Maemo?
That link gets you closer, but not quite there; the 1.2.1 version of the SDK has support for Harmattan (the N9's OS), but not for Maemo 5 (the N900's OS).

However, there is still a site containing a version of the SDK that will work with Maemo. (At least, it did when I tried it about three weeks ago.) If you go to this site:

ftp://ftp.informatik.hu-berlin.de/pu...l.no/QT/qtsdk/

and pull down version 1.1.2 of the "offline" installer (offline meaning that the installer contains the entire SDK; the "online" version just contains a link to the Nokia website), you can still get a working Qt SDK. (From my testing, I know that version 1.1.2 worked, and 1.1.4 didn't -- by 1.1.4, anything associated with "Maemo" had been removed from the SDK.) So for example, if you're using a 64 bit version of Linux, you'd want this package:

Qt_SDK_Lin64_offline_v1_1_2_en.run

After installing the SDK, there's still one more step needed: you'll have to run the SDK Maintenance Tool, go into the "Package Manager", and have it pull down the "Maemo Toolchain". (You'll find it under the "Development Tools" section.) Somehow, there is still a repository up and running that has the toolchain data.

(TMO'er xes found the link, and posted it in this thread.)

Last edited by Copernicus; 2014-05-08 at 13:03.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post: