Active Topics

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
sorry, wrong forum

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2011-07-11 at 03:10.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Titanium Backup + Clockwork Mod, make a full backup of your apps, create a CM backup and move those to your PC - sync your contacts with your main Gmail account. Then reset the phone and hand it over to them so they have to set it up.

That's one way perhaps.

Well, an android phone is locked to your personnal account, your gmail address, and whatever $hitty privacy evil google has on you etc. Now I need to pass this phone temporary to a good friend for 4 wks. I do not want to disable the phone, but at the same time, I would like to keep some privacy, at least my account information and my gmail. How to accomplish this without wipe the phone out? Does it work, if I set up a phony gmail account and log into it. I think that is the best I can think of. What do you guys feel/comment/suggestions?

Edit: Screw up evil google: "Your phone has links to other pgms and is NOT allow to swithch accounts. You have to reset to factory conditions to switch account..." OMG!

bun

Sorry, I think I posted on the wrong forum, I reposted to the alternates as it related to an android phone. Thanks for the suggestions. I do not want to reset the phone, as it is a lot of work for the receiver who is 120% ignorant about android phone and refused to learn

I just want to hold off to my gmail or some minor issues and android phone would not allow it to happen. EVIL GOOGLE! I am stuck. As this is just for a short term loan, it is really too much of a hassel. android phone would NOT allow you to keep your gmail without resetting the phone, in general. please see the other post for details. Again, I am sorry I posted on the wrong forum.

bun

My post is being moved again, so there is a mod that moved my post.

Why this is off topic, BTW?

This is related to nitdroid running on n900. Is there anyway to get an explanation why this is moved to off topic, please?

bun

I hope I will get an answer why this is off topic. Thanks mod.

bun

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
This is related to nitdroid running on n900. Is there anyway to get an explanation why this is moved to off topic, please?
I don't see anything about getting NITdroid running in your posts. Your question appears to be a straight up "how to" on general Android usage. As such, it didn't seem to fit in Alternatives. It also didn't seem to fit in Competitors as it's not discussion of Android as a platform.

Usage questions about Windows, Mac OS, desktop Linux, etc. have had threads in Off-Topic, so it seems the right place.